Job #: 25041
Title: Manufacturing Electrician
Job Location: Cedar Rapids, Iowa - United States
Salary: $60,000.00 - $80,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Cedar Rapids, IA
$60k - $80k +
A local Cedar Rapids manufacturer is seeking to add an Electrician to their facilities management team. The best fit candidate will be responsible for supporting the daily production activities by installing, diagnosing, repairing and maintaining electrical equipment in a manufacturing environment. Perform all jobs safely, efficiently and accurately to maintain and improve the performance of the entire plant. JOB DESCRIPTION
What you get to do:
- Read blue prints and schematics to be able to identify the proper parts.
- The person will be required to stand, sit, climb in and around the machine in order to wire machine.
- Be able to use some electrical instruments such as multi-meters and amp meters.
- Basic knowledge of hand tools and mechanical skills.
- Basic soldering skills.
- Be able to do control and power wiring.
- This job requires some climbing 35 would be about the maximum height.
- Wire and test small standalone machines.
- Bending and installing EMT/rigid conduits.
- Organizing of prints and layouts.
- Layout box location, drill and tap frames or weld box bars in their proper location.
- Drill and punch all boxes for conduit.
- Welding skills for mounting electrical boxes and devices.
- Ability to troubleshoot and see through to resolution.
- Next is to make up subpanels with these terminal strips and place in boxes.
- Pull wire, and then number wires.
- Understanding of machine processes, logic and ladder diagrams.
- Perform machine and facility repairs and installations.
What we need from you:
- High School Degree
- Knowledge or prior electrical experience
- Complete and pass written new hire test.
- Job involves lifting a maximum of 50 pounds.
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Ability to operate a fork truck.
- Ability to adapt methods and ideas to attain continuous improvement.
- Ability to travel up to 2 weeks in duration.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
High School/Secondary School
How to Apply: