Job #: 24726
Title: Cost Accountant
Job Location: Solon, Ohio - United States
Salary: $65,000.00 - $80,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client in Solon, OH (south east of Cleveland) is a large manufacturer that has grown their organization and diversified their product offerings. They have a BRAND NEW opportunity for a Cost Accountant to join the team. This individual will be hands on with all cost and inventory transactions, maintain the cost accounting system, and provide expertise to the operations group. This person will have a ton of ability to make an impact, bring process improvements, and implement strategies within the company. This works with a great team as well! JOB DESCRIPTION
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for maintaining standard cost accounting system, reviewing variances, analyzing make vs. buy decisions for machinery components.
- Analyze all cost/inventory transactions including COS, scrap, PPV, cycle count and obsolescence.
- Develop, analyze and interpret data to appraise operating results, performance, product profitability, organizational effectiveness and capability utilization.
- Reconcile book and perpetual inventory on a monthly basis.
- Actively involved with physical inventory and cycle count program.
- Work with Manufacturing, Purchasing and Engineering in developing product costs.
- Interact with Marketing and R&D to develop pricing models and target costing for new products.
- Provide technical and analytical assistance in identifying and solving problems throughout the organization.
- Work independently as well as with other departments in planning and performing a wide variety of projects.
- Broad knowledge of accounting (general and cost) and financial theory and practice, tax procedures, and budgeting techniques.
- Specific experience in standard costing, inventory, lean manufacturing and continuous improvement.
- 4-year Bachelors degree in Accounting
- CPA, CMA, or MBA strongly preferred
- Minimum 5 years experience, with 2 or more in a manufacturing environment.
- Good computer skills (Excel, Word, Access)
- Good written and oral communication skills
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: