Job #: 24915
Title: Controls Engineering Technician / Automation Technician
Job Location: Arlington, Texas - United States
Salary: $24.00 - $50.00 - US Dollars - Hourly
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Crown Associates is a Professional Search Consulting firm specializing in finding and placing professionals in the Automotive, General Manufacturing, Defense (Dod/Military) and other specialized quality manufacturing industries. We have been very successful over the past 20 years in filling position in the areas of Quality, Manufacturing Management, Supply Chain Management, Health, Safety and Environmental, Accounting and Finance, Manufacturing Engineering, Design Engineering, Production Control, Materials Management, Executive Management, Human Resources Management, Purchasing, Program Management, Distribution, Maintenance, and other areas. We are in the business of identifying, isolating, and most importantly, evaluating some of the most talented people in their respective industries. We are hired by corporations and businesses to isolate those people who excel and are proven performers and present them to our clients. JOB DESCRIPTION
Our client is a large World Class Tier I automotive supplier with over 20,000 employees. This successful company is in the process of filling a CONTROLS / AUTOMATION TECHNICIAN position. The successful candidate will have 3 to 8 years experience working as Controls Technician within a high paced unionized Tier I automotive or similar high paced manufacturing environment.
Scope of the Position
- Research, design and develop the manufacturing and installation of electrical equipment, components and systems.
- Install, diagnose and fix programmable logic controllers and other devices that operate automated equipment.
- Monitoring controlled systems on automated equipment.
- Ability to learn from experienced staff in the Control Engineering Department.
- Support vision detection and color recognition systems throughout the facility, supporting production by maintaining the systems at top operational capabilities (Cognex Vision Systems). Any additional responsibilities deemed necessary by management.
- Designs and details electrical elementary diagrams, wiring diagrams, layout control panels and systems for machine controls and automation production equipment. Responsible for the component selection, controls architecture design, software development, and system integration of all electrical components.
- Develop and implement control strategies including programming of PLC`s (programmable logic controllers), operator interface design, system implementation, start-up and commissioning of systems
- Programming Allen Bradley control systems hardware and software a must. (Studio 5000, Rslogix 500/5000, Factorytalk View ME/SE)
- Design and programming PLC control networks, such as Ethernet/IP, ControlNet, DeviceNet, and DF1.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience in related Engineering field with demonstrated and knowledge of automotive industrial control systems. 1-3 years experience working with controls in an automotive facility is a plus.
- Knowledge of NEC (National Electric Codes) and ANSI (American National Standards Institute).
- Automation experience is required
- Work experience with CAD Key and PLC programming
- Proven experience with Robotic troubleshooting and programming.
- Work experience with pneumatic/ hydraulic controls, sensors and electrical hardware, and control wiring circuitry.
- Experienced in circuit design and simulation
- Understanding of electronic theories and principles
- Able to communicate ideas and recommendations to non-technical team members in a clear manner
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills
- Able to apply right mathematical methods and formulas to problem solving
- Able to create alternative solutions to problems
- High level of sound and independent judgment and reasoning
- Strong personal and communication skills. Must work well with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to handle multiple projects.
Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
Paid holidays and vacation time
How to Apply: