Job #: 24878
Title: Electrical Engineer/Project Manager - PE
Job Location: Denver, Colorado - United States
Salary: $110,000.00 - $130,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Arcitectual or MEP firms
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Leading comprehensive engineering design and consulting firm providing innovative solutions for clients with facility and infrastructure challenges. To achieve client needs, firm has multiple locations across the United States. Working with a diverse group of individuals in a variety of markets, our team of experts partner with our clients to deliver advanced solutions that last.
Committed to providing opportunities and benefits to colleagues that promote living fully. Through various competitive benefits and programs available, firm supports the health, well-being, and personal growth of its employees. Offering benefit options including medical, dental, and vision coverage, a generous contribution to employee-owned Health Savings Account, 401k with matching up to the maximum allowable, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other employee incentives and wellness programs.
Under general supervision or independently, the Electrical Engineer/PM performs a variety of assignments requiring the application of standard design engineering techniques for small projects or selected segments of large projects, mostly sports or entertainment facilities. Continuously seeks opportunities to learn and develop within the discipline with the support of senior design staff. Assists the project team in the production of projects on time, within budget, and consistent with industry standards.
Candidates must be Registered Electrical having A/E firm consulting experience working on the design of electrical systems for buildings (retail, commercial, educational, offices, hospitals, restaurants, senior living facilities, etc.) including lighting, power, life safety, backup power, low voltage, security systems, power to HVAC system, fire protection systems and associated controls. Experience must be with US firms.
Candidates with experience designing high voltage, transmission, power distribution, sub-station, manufacturing, product, process, software, electronics factory / plant process controls will not be considered for this position. JOB DESCRIPTION
- Begins assuming responsibility for project designs under the supervision of the EOR and within the Engineers control and expertise
- Responsible for developing design approaches and concepts for projects with conceptual input and oversight from EOR
- Performs specific engineering studies and other design analyses using industry software
- Oversees preparation of drawings, ensuring accuracy, and neatness of work
- Evaluates the work of design colleagues and provides feedback and/or corrections
- Attends meetings with owners, clients, or architects as needed
- Coordinates with local authorities, utilities, and municipalities to incorporate associated construction, code, and government requirements
- Assists with the development of the overall man-hour budget and is responsible for the man-hour budget within the discipline; develops work plans for the discipline team in accordance with the budget
- Provides input, feedback, and updates on project schedules; plans work in accordance with the schedule
- Responsible for performing studies, load calculations, and selection of equipment appropriate to the project design
- Responsible for coordinating equipment and overall design space requirements with the architect and other disciplines
- Attends in-house project kick-off meeting and design meetings
- Reviews work for technical accuracy and completeness prior to the final QA/QC review
- Communicates design requirements and answers questions from contractors and suppliers during the bid or construction phases
- Conducts project job site visits during construction to monitor progress and observe installed construction; makes comments based on design specifications, owner expectations, and building codes
- Reviews shop drawings and submittals
- Maintains detailed records of communications with clients, contractors, vendors, and team members
- Assists in training, mentoring, and/or developmental guidance of designers and EITs
- Maintains a continued focus on keeping up with industry trends and changes through continued self-education and training
- Bachelor`s degree in Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years applicable experience designing electrical systems for buildings
- Registered Professional Engineer
- Must have project management experience
- Basic knowledge of project financial management and how to create and maintain budgets
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: