Job #: 24125
Title: Physical Therapist
Job Location: Fellsmere, Florida - United States
Salary: $65.00 - $70.00 - US Dollars - Hourly
Employer Will Recruit From: Local
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Multiple opportunities with one of the fastest growing home health organizations in South Florida.
New grads welcome to apply!
Flexible hours, Per Diem
Will only see 7 - 10 patients a day and travel within 20 miles of base city.
Additional incentives available JOB DESCRIPTION
The ideal candidate will function as a professional member of patients treatment who evaluates, assesses, and delivers services according to a written plan of treatment established by a physician.
Provides supervision for all services rendered by Physical Therapy Assistants. Evaluations are performed by peers.
Duties of the Registered Physical Therapist include, but are not limited to:
- Provide comprehensive assessment, which may include OASIS data elements to evaluate patients level of physical functioning and need for physical therapy services.
- Discuss evaluation with physician, seek input from patient/caregiver, establish a plan of care to assist patient meet maximum rehabilitation potential.
- Carry out prescribed treatments; and /or supervise PTA in carrying out PT program.
- Establish/instruct in home exercise program (HEP); document instructions on visit notes.
- Observe and report to physician pertinent changes in the patients level of functioning. Communicate changes to other team members involved in the patients care.
- Maintain appropriate documentation of all services as per Agency policy.
- Conduct self-in professional manner at all times and in all situations.
- Provide Agency with all required evidence, including copy of license/registration, to allow Agency to verify experience.
- Accept only those assignments for which qualified.
- Comply with all State, Federal, Local and Agency rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Maintain all patient/Agency information in strictest confidence.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures including HIPPA.
- Respect patient rights, cultural beliefs.
Minimum: Bachelors degree from accredited PT program by the council on Medical Education of the American Medical Association.
- Licensed/registered in the State of Florida as Physical Therapist.
- Minimum of one-year current experience as Physical Therapist.
- Currently licensed in the State of Florida.
- Preferred - Bilingual fluent in English and Spanish.
- At least one year of experience under the supervision of a Registered Physical Therapist.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Additional languages preferred
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising client care.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: