Job #: 24660
Title: Senior Process Engineer - Site Process Leader
Job Location: Mobile, Alabama - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Other Compensation: Around $150K + 25% bonus but some flexibility
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
great relo beni but must move local to Tuscaloosa (not to Birmingham)
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Site Process Leader- Sr Process Engineering (grooming to be the next Site Leader)
ADVERTISING FOR RELOCATION: Full relocation assistance provided including realtor fees and costs to near Birmingham/Tuscaloosa/Northport/ Bessemer AL area
A GREAT OPPRTUNITY for a Chemical Engineer and `A players` to learn this highly profitable specialty chemicals business and sophisticated process, initially working as Sr Engineer before advancing to a Leadership role. Youll be using a diversity of skills that youve gained throughout your career in chemical manufacturing from Process Project Engineering to Production Management (non-union). Please reach out with a draft of your resume and set up a time to discuss the possibilities with this employer. We will talk at length before youll need to decide if we should forward you resume to the VP Manufacturing for consideration.
Initially working as a Sr Process Engineer completing and initiating capital projects, supporting process optimization efforts, and becoming the go-to process expert on site. Expect 2 years engineering work while learning this complex chemical process and unique business before starting the transition to the overall site leadership role.
This employer operates with professional ethics and corporate integrity. They are a small company and yet they follow World Class Management Practices while placing a high value on work-life balance. Their products are used in a large variety of applications around the world and they are the exclusive world-wide manufacturer of one specific pharmaceutical grade of their product. They are sold out for months ahead and therefore truly value process optimization effort as well as Plant & Process Safety and Equipment Reliability.
- Salary & Benefits that rival a Fortune 500 company: Competitive base salary + an annual bonus (with the company always profitable this comes down to individual performance); a top tier 401K matching program; paid vacation; all the expected medical, dental, life insurances; a very comprehensive relocation package.
- A Site Manager and Senior Management Team who value and empower ALL employees.
- A family friendly work environment with a "work to live" philosophy with regular works hours and few if any after-hours calls to engineers (since the operators are also empowered).
The initial work:
This engineer will be responsible for day to day plant performance in such areas as throughput & productivity, process optimization for cost & quality, safe unit operations, and completing capital projects including commissioning activities. There will be a good diversity of work as you learn the sophisticated continuous chemical process and business prior to assuming responsibilities as the Assistant Plant Manager.
The initial work:
This engineer will initially be responsible for day-to-day plant performance in such areas as throughput & productivity, process optimization for cost & quality, safe unit operations, and completing capital projects including commissioning activities. There will be a good diversity of work as you learn the sophisticated continuous chemical process and business prior to eventually assuming responsibilities as the Site Leader.
- Process optimization: Work to improve product quality, reduce operating costs, increase capacity and further streamlining the process.
- Participate in the plant Continuous Improvement Program including ISO 9001 and cGMP compliance.
- Project Engineering: Initiate, justify and manage small capital projects through design, purchasing, construction and start-up support including procedure writing.
- Unit trouble shooting; Interact with the production employees providing hands on engineering support for production unit operations and turnarounds (shutdowns).
- Participate and lead initiatives within the plant HSE Program (but except the Jr engineers to lead the PHA activities)
- Develop and review plant operating procedures.
- Extensive interaction with senior management on this primary manufacturing sites, the customer service and Product Development HQ in LA, and at partner sites.
- Mentor the junior engineers and ChE co-ops on-site.
Keep in mind that this is a team-oriented site with all employees reporting directly to the Site Manager working in co-operation to achieve goals and they have been very successful! The highly skilled plant operators have a wealth of knowledge to share and are also open to learning. QUALIFICATIONS
Background profile requested:
Please send your resume for quick review and to set up a two-sided conversation where I`ll answer question about the hiring company while also completing a short screening interview.
- BS ChE (only) -- this is a must for a variety of reasons
- Roughly 20+ years of experience in chemical manufacturing including sites that operates under the OSHA PSM regulations.
- Has non-union production management experience in their background with recent work that has included engineering tasks.
- Best if some FDA and GMP in the background
- Team oriented personality; best if time spent in a matrix organization
- Must be authorized to work for any employer in the USA without restrictions.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: