Job #: 24197
Title: Sr Engineer, Global Process Automation and Manufacturing Systems
Job Location: Research Triangle Park, North Carolina - United States
Salary: $120,000.00 - $130,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Sr Engineer, Global Process Automation and Manufacturing Systems - Raleigh, NC area - Major Biotech company. Want to travel to Europe? This company has a presence in Europe and USA. DeltaV and Syncade MES experience. JOB DESCRIPTION
This Engineer-Lead is responsible for the development, implementation and operational support of the next generation manufacturing execution philosophy in Pharmaceutical Operations and Technology (PO&T), as it relates to manufacturing process recipes.
Develops and implements global standards for process automation and MES software configurations, design specifications, and new control strategies in support of new products, processes and systems.
Ensures a robust strategy so that the above can be leveraged across sites.
Develops, implements, maintains and governs S95/S88 Standards, Libraries, Interfaces & Systems, including:
- Master Process Data
- Recipe Libraries Enterprise Recipe Management, through Development and Manufacturing
- Process Control (Level 1-2)
- Manufacturing Execution & Historian (Level 3-4)
Based on project demands, may need to manage large team of contract engineers through peak periods.
Develops and implements a comprehensive overall design for electronic batch records and automated batch record review by exception, suitable for implementation at multiple global sites.
The initial focus of the position will be to design and implement the manufacturing process recipes for the Solothurn, Switzerland site. This design will used as a standard for further implementations on the site and across the network.
Ensures compliance with all regulatory, environmental, health and safety guidelines.
Creates an environment where leadership and talent development are a top priority, resulting in a high performing organization.
Creates and sustains a culture of innovation quality, compliance, accountability, employee
engagement, diversity and inclusion.
As this is a global role, international travel (up to 30%) may be required. Extended travel during critical manufacturing operation start up phases is expected. QUALIFICATIONS
- 6+ years work experience, with at least 3 years related industry experience in a pharmaceutical, Biotechnology, drug development or equivalent environment. Experience
should demonstrate track record of success and leadership positions of increasing responsibility.
- Specific experience in process automation, MES, batch manufacturing industry
standards (ISA S88 &S95).
- Formal or on the job experience in project management and
strategic planning. Experience in Process Excellence methodology is desirable, but not required.
- Excellent communication skills and a demonstrated ability to influence at all levels.
- Direct experience designing, building, deploying and supporting automation and execution systems (Delta V/SCADA, Syncade MES, PAT, OSI Pi Data historian, etc.) in a regulated large scale pharmaceutical manufacturing environment.
- Experience in running site-based shop floor systems in a globally distributed footprint is highly desirable.
- Proven experience in supporting highly automated/paperless new plant shakedowns, startups, commissioning & commercial support.
- Experience programming in DeltaV DCS.
Knowledge of pharmaceutical manufacturing operations, through hands-on, on the floor experience.
- A proven track record of influencing the industry on execution systems via publications and presentations is strongly preferred.
Education Bachelors Degree in a relevant Engineering discipline with a minimum of 6+ years of related industry experience
As this is a global role, international travel (up to 30%) is required. Extended travel during critical manufacturing operation start up phases is expected.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: