Job #: 23843
Title: Environmental Engineer
Job Location: Davenport, Iowa - United States
Salary: $75,000.00 - $95,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: Excellent benefits programs
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Long time international client is in need of an Environmental Engineer with prior liquid process experience. Must have Wastewater experience, coupled with solid regulatory compliance within a manufacturing facility. They are a terrific group to work for, as they have great development programs within their operations and future roles could lead to international responsibility. JOB DESCRIPTION
This position will direct and maintain all environmental systems to ensure continued compliance with Corporate and Governmental standards. This position develops and implements programs to prevent and solve environmental problems.
3. Key Results Areas
- Provide technical support in developing and implementing environmental programs.
- Monitors periodic performance reports for trends and conditions and alerts management to problems.
- Maintain compliance with air, water, waste and storm water regulations as defined by state and federal laws.
- Manages environmental improvement projects and trials that require internal or external effort to complete.
- Oversee waste management and pollution control activities.
- Assess potential environmental risks and develop mitigation plans.
- Analyze root causes of environmental incidents and propose corrective action plans.
- Assist in getting and maintaining environmental permits.
- Participates in representation with outside regulatory agencies.
- Oversees daily testing to ensure compliance with environmental permits.
- Implement cost control and cost reduction measures within the environmental areas.
- Maintain the PSM and RMP programs.
- Assist in maintaining the ISO 14001 program.
Direct Employees the Job Holder directs: 0 employees
Indirect Employees the Job Holder directs: 5 employees (4 environmental/wastewater production operators & 1 Boiler/Utility Operator)
Indirect Employees the Job Holder directs: 128 employees
- Environmental Compliance of facility.
6. Education, Experience, Knowledge
- Bachelors Degree in Environmental, civil or other related engineering field is required.
- 1 to 3 years experience as an environmental engineer
- Must be proficient in software tools.
- Critical thinking and problem solving practices.
- Environmental laws and regulations (EPA and IDNR)
- Excellent time management skills with ability to effectively prioritize tasks.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: