Job #: 23778
Title: Electrical Design Technician
Job Location: Dubuque, Iowa - United States
Salary: $60,000.00 - $75,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Electrical Design Technician
$60,000 - $75,000 / year
A local Dubuque owned and operated manufacturer is seeking to add an Electrical Design technician to their engineering team. The best fit candidate will create electrical blueprints that meet fabrication standards and customer requirements, as well as research new developments and alternatives for continuous quality improvement. JOB DESCRIPTION
What you get to do:
- Create electrical blueprints using computer-aided design software.
- Calculate power requirements and sizing of control panels.
- Read and understand engineering specification documents.
- Complete tasks in a timely fashion to maintain overall schedules.
- Maintain design and fabrication standards for electrical manufacturing.
- Provide accurate, timely information and documentation.
- Specify components to meet UL code and customer requirements.
- Research and introduce new products for continuous product development.
- Maintain and organize vital project documentation.
- Perform all job functions in compliance with company safety program.
- Work toward continuous quality improvement.
- Stay current with changing technology, including software and position/industry specific programs.
- Uphold, support, and promote all company policies and procedures.
What we need from you:
- High School diploma/GED, completion of electronics technical training program required
- Previous industrial electronics experience highly desired
- Knowledge in the fields of industrial electronics, applicable codes and regulations, and process control instrumentation preferred
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings, utilize computer-aided design software to create and maintain drawings, and good computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office, required.
- Experience with test meters, calibration tools, small hand tools, and power tools required.
High School/Secondary School
How to Apply: