Job #: 23529
Title: Sr. Reliability Engineer
Job Location: Beaumont, Texas - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Other Compensation: bonus opportunity
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our Client is a global leader in the design, development and manufacture of acrylic-based products. With manufacturing, sales and distribution capabilities across EMEA, The Americas and Asia Pacific, they are the energy and driving force behind some of the worlds best known branded acrylic products, which make a significant contribution to a wide range of growing sectors and geographic markets. JOB DESCRIPTION
JOB PURPOSE: The Senior Mechanical Reliability Engineer will serve as the responsible engineer (RE) for identifying and implementing company and industry recognized engineering standards for the technical aspects of mechanical maintenance work. Provides support to the various manufacturing units by identifying, engineering and implementing mechanical solutions or improvements to equipment.
- Direct Reports: Fixed Equipment Specialist
- Asset Integrity Program: Responsible Engineer (RE) for pressure containing systems (AIP 4) and Critical Rotating Machinery (AIP 5)
- Direct and Manage all responsible engineer nominees (RENs)
- All mechanical systems and assets in job holders assigned areas
- Direct all mechanical equipment modifications, upgrades, replacements or repairs in assigned areas including any required Management of Change (MOC)
- Work closely with Operations and Maintenance personnel to troubleshoot mechanical (rotating and stationary equipment) problems. Provide second-level troubleshooting when equipment issues are beyond the technical knowledge of the Maintenance Technician.
- Oversee all aspects of pressure system inspections. Coordinate and ensure resources are scheduled and available for mechanical inspections of piping, vessels and critical machines.
- Work closely with Operations and Maintenance personnel to troubleshoot pressure system problems and develop repair plans.
- When required, draft and develop proposals for capital projects.
- Execute Management of Change (MOC) and complete design in order to correctly and safely define and implement improvements.
- Participate in area Process Hazard Analysis/Reviews, LOPAs, Reliability Maintenance studies and RCFAs.
- Regional collaboration with other reliability engineers and the reliability center coordinator (RCC) to develop reliability strategies, helping maintain weekly and daily schedule compliance.
- Develop maintenance strategies that include Preventive, Predictive, and Condition-based programs. Confirm proper completion of PM and other proactive activities.
- Establish and monitor reliability metrics to monitor equipment health and performance (uptime, MTBF, etc.).
- Constantly maintain awareness of at-risk equipment, potential business interrupters, and overall performance risk profile.
- Support mechanically related activities during turnarounds (TAR). Provide checkout and start-up support of facilities in order to meet production and business needs. Provide final shutdown/TAR scope approval to ensure effective lifecycle performance.
- Ensure all maintenance activities meet both internal company Engineering Standards, AIP`s and external regulatory requirements with respect to Health, Safety and Environment to ensure that Company Policies and obligations in these areas are fully complied with.
- The job holder leads M&R improvements in a manner such that production objectives are achieved by supporting the processes needed to achieve sustainable reliability at the lowest asset lifecycle costs. It requires partnering with their peers in Operations to drive a proactive approach to asset management.
- The job holders are expected to exercise a great deal of flexibility in their work to help facilitate the success of the business. It is expected that employees will cooperate and assist in their own development through cross-training and job experience.
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering is required.
- 10+ years chemical plant experience (or similar) required.
- Knowledge of accepted Maintenance and Reliability best practices. Certification as a Maintenance and Reliability Professional or Certified Reliability Engineer is preferred.
- Knowledge of Process Equipment, including piping, valves, pumps, tanks, and pressure vessels, to enable determining the best technology, materials of construction, pressure and flow calculations, troubleshooting.
- Reliability-centered Maintenance understanding (FMEA, Asset Criticality, etc.).
- Experience maintaining, troubleshooting, overhauling, repairing, and installing rotating machinery and stationary equipment.
- Familiarity with centrifugal and positive displacement pumps, mechanical seals, principles of process refrigeration and steam systems.
- Position requires strong leadership and people management skills.
- Interpersonal effectivenessthat builds upon collaborative relationships that embodies a culture of trust and respect while working well with others through team building, training of operators and ensuring standards are met.
- Tenacitythat never gives up; going above and beyond any and all obstacles by enduring to overcome those obstacles and complete all assigned task, as well as those task that avail themselves during any given situation.
- Analytical thinking that logically breaks down problems into their essential elements, which involves trouble shooting, diagnosing and developing solutions in order to meet production targets, as well as explaining situations to maintenance staff and management.
- Initiative that engages in a proactive behavior which seizes the opportunities placed before them and the company. This requires going beyond meeting obvious needs but seeking to build upon the situation and input or request from others.
- Results Orientation that drives and focuses on key objectives, safety of employees, effective outcomes, resource management and the overall bottom-line, while providing awareness of the business so that appropriate value is placed on production targets and customer needs.
- Strategic thinking that encompasses the sites long term financial and production goals into consideration while enabling a sense of ownership and accountability.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: