Job #: 5251
Title: Sr. Engineer - Fixed Equipment
Job Location: Lake Charles, Louisiana - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Other Compensation: 20% target bonus
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client is an international integrated energy and chemical company that leverages the talent and expertise of more than 34,000 people working in 38 countries. A career here provides opportunities to experience variety through exposure in various facets of our integrated energy and chemicals value chain; upstream (exploration & production), mining, downstream, chemicals and new energy. JOB DESCRIPTION
- The Fixed Equipment Engineer - Inspections will work with engineers, inspectors, operators and maintenance personnel to improve the performance of fixed assets. The engineer will develop and maintain risk-based inspection program and strategies per API 580/581 to minimize risk of equipment failures and process safety incidents.
- Work closely with Unit Inspector(s) to troubleshoot fixed equipment issues and review Inspection & Testing Plans (ITPs) for piping / equipment repairs and new installations.
- Provides technical mentoring to Unit Inspectors.
- Key member of the teams developing Risk Based Inspections Strategies for all fixed equipment.
- Maintains availability of up to date information concerning fixed equipment and piping remaining service interval and remaining useful life.
- Reviews requests for installation of Leak Repair Devices.
- Leads the development of technical assessment packages for hot taps, stopples, line freezes, welding on live equipment, etc.
- Reviews the Inspection Test Plans for furnaces, boilers, heaters, flares, burners, refractory, insulation, high pressure materials, tanks, exchangers, vessels and piping.
- Support Turnarounds through engineering package reviews, drawing reviews and scope development.
- Analyzes inspection deficiencies and makes recommendations to improve equipment or piping reliability.
- Analyzes inspection procedures, programs, processes and technologies and applies knowledge to optimize overall effectiveness versus RAGAGEP and OSHA PSM Guidelines.
- Leads or participates in incident investigations and root cause failure analysis.
- Assists in the development and/or approves stationary equipment repair plans, rerates, & modifications related to expense and capital projects.
- Performs fitness for service evaluations per API, ASME or applicable industry guidelines/standards, including evaluations per API-579.
- Subject matter expert for assessments of relief valve testing intervals. Performs analysis of relief valve testing intervals and applies RBI to optimize testing.
- Perform bolted joint calculations and select gaskets.
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering. (EAC/ABET accredited Engineering Program preferred
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a manufacturing plant/facility or related industrial field
- API certifications are preferred: API 580, API 510, API 570, API 653
- Knowledgeable on current ASME, API, and AWS codes.
- Strong fundamentals in engineering consultation and technical knowledge (e.g. interpretation of inspection data, mechanical design, equipment damage mechanisms, etc.)
- Preferred experience with Meridium, PCMS, UltraPipe and similar fixed equipment software
- Preferred experience with a CMMS or SAP PM Preferred NACE familiarity or certification
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: