Job #: 23313
Title: Reliability & Maintainability Engineer
Job Location: Meriden, Connecticut - United States
Salary: $90,000.00 - $105,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
75 Year Old SOLID firm.Fast Hires/Full Benefits.Low Cost Living.Top Public Schools.45 minutes to Coast JOB DESCRIPTION
The Reliability and Mantainability Engineer works under the direction of the VP, Quality or delegate with primary responsibility for reliability and maintainability (R&M) projects of broad scope and complexity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support all quality department efforts. Create and develop technical approaches, which are responsive to customer R&M requirements. Ensure that approaches are statistically valid and are in agreement with state-or-the-art practices and contractual requirements. Develop work-study programs and work flow diagrams.
- Facilitate and manage the planning and organization of R&M support for new product development activities, such as Design Verification, Failure Mode and Effect Analysis, Regressing Testing and Product Qualification. Contribute to the development of Process Flows, Control Plans, Design of Experiments, Measurement Systems Analyses, and Process Capability Analyses to insure continual improvement in new product design. Develop, coordinate and conduct technical reliability studies and evaluations of engineering design concepts and design of experiments (DOE) constructs. Recommend design or test methods and statistical process control procedures for achieving required levels of product reliability. Analyze preliminary designs and develop reliability-engineering programs to achieve company, customer and governmental agency reliability objectives.
- Develop R&M contract data requirements in response to customer request for proposals, including statements of work, specifications, estimation of man hour budgets and schedules. Interpret R&M statistical data and draw conclusions with supporting rationales.
- Compile and analyze performance reports and process control statistics; investigate and analyze relevant variables potentially affecting product and processes. Ensure that corrective measures meet acceptable reliability standards. Develop mathematical models to identify units, batches or processes posing excessive failure risks. As necessary, propose units and/or batches requiring environmental testing, and specify minimum number of samples to obtain statistically valid data.
- Provide overall R&M, Human Factors and System Safety expertise and judgment as necessary. Provide continuing technical guidance to design engineers and the operations cells regarding R&M characteristics of equipment, including failure and maintenance support characteristics to ensure that design activity results in equipment and systems that meet high reliability, maintainability, system safety and human factors standard. Perform design tradeoffs while participating in design reviews.
- Perform R&M analyses of designs using standard methods and techniques including: failure modes, effects of criticality analysis (FMECA) and R&M predictions. Administer failure reporting and corrective action system (FRACAS). Chair/conduct failure evaluation review meetings, ensuring timely closure of failure investigations and implementation of corrective action. Provide input to life cycle cost models relative to R&M elements. Review subcontractors proposals for reliability program.
- Prepare and submit various reports in compliance with contract data requirements lists (CDRL), i.e., product performance, reliability, program and test, maintainability program and demonstration plans, and document activities for internal/external reporting. Prepare visual aids and conduct technical briefings for customers. Supervise reliability tests and maintainability demonstrations.
- Maintain priorities and schedules. Investigate and identify problem areas/issues; recommend and/or take corrective action, as required. Report unusual problem/issues to supervision. Support various initiatives such as obsolescence prevention, RoHS, GIDEP alerts and Maintain records, data, and files. Support Quality, Design and Operations as required.
- Interface effectively with all levels of personnel and maintain effective communication among all functional departments. Maintain liaison with internal and external customers.
Education: Broad knowledge of a technically specialized field such as Reliability and Maintainability, Human Factors and Safety of Systems. Good working knowledge of personal computers and competency in the use of associated software such as statistical computer and MS Office application software, mathematical formula development and database management. Requires a BSEE or BSME.
Experience: Over seven years up to and including 10 years
BSEE or BSME.7-10 yrs.US Citizen or Permanent resident.NO SPONSORSHIP.Must come out of Manufacturing.Prefer Defense or Defense Electronics.raytheon,Lockheed,GD,BAE,UTech,
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: