Job #: 23359
Title: Senior Accountant
Job Location: Buffalo, New York - United States
Salary: $60,000.00 - $65,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
The Senior Accountant is responsible for maintaining the accuracy of G/L accounts. This position provides analysis of accounting transactions to assist the finance team and Controller in the preparation of financial statements, regulatory reports, budgets and forecasts. JOB DESCRIPTION
- Key aspects of the monthly financial closing process, including preparation of journal entries
- Determining the correctness and accuracy of transaction activity. Making corrections where necessary
- Overall maintenance of the accuracy of the general ledger
- Developing work processes to improve efficiency and accuracy
- Performing account analyses
- Computing depreciation and accrued expense calculations
- Reconciling accounts
- Providing analytical support
- Maintaining and reconciling daily cash balance records
- Oversee A/P processing
- Preparing annual sales tax returns
- Assisting Controller with implementation of new software and technology and with training staff
- Completing other duties as requested
- Bachelors degree in accounting is required.
- 5 years experience in general ledger management, account reconciliation and analysis.
- Experience working with business accounting / ERP systems.
How to Apply: