Job #: 22977
Title: Project Inspector
Job Location: Honolulu, Hawaii - United States
Salary: $55,000.00 - $80,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
The Project Inspector performs construction observation and testing of various construction activities.
- ICC/ACI Certified
- Heavy civil with utility relocation
- Local Best Place to Work
Located in Ewa Beach and listed as a National and Local Best Place to Work,our client is seeking an experienced Project Inspector. The Project Inspector performs construction observation and testing of various construction activities. This position deals with inspecting and monitoring projects and developments to make sure theyre following specific standards. It may require extensive experience with technical training or an equivalent certification. Certification (i.e. ICC, ACI, etc.) is preferred and required for special inspection. JOB DESCRIPTION
- Perform construction inspection of utilities and structures.
- Record and file necessary records pertaining to construction progress including daily reports, red-line As-Built Plans, and final documentation.
- Assist in the review of contractor progress payments.
- Provide field support services for submittals, RFIs, and requests for contract change orders.
- Provide notification of any observed non-conformance to the Resident
- Assist Engineer in issuing non-conformance reports.
- Document and develop reports of on-site observations as-built conditions, non-conformances, and inspections of construction activities with photographic records and entry into computer systems.
- Survey and document change order work in the field.
- Document labor and equipment expenditures on force account work.
- Monitor the contractor`s quality control activities, including contractor`s materials sampling and testing.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum High School diploma. Bachelors degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of general construction experience required.
- Heavy civil experience and utility relocation preferred.
- Knowledgeable and skilled in how to use standard mechanical and electrical instruments, gauges, and test rigs.
- Knowledge of safety standards and construction activities methods.
- Able to read and interpret engineering drawings, specifications and inspection instructions.
- Knowledgeable in use of computers, Microsoft Suites, iPads, and digital cameras.
- Certifications and Special Inspection required.
- Able to do basic math.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Good problem solving/analysis skills.
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely, orally and written.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Ability to work outside occasionally in environmental, atmospheric, and sometimes hazardous conditions.
- Ability to work outside with increased noise levels.
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions and conditions that are associated with construction and development projects.
- Positive service-oriented attitude toward the firm, our employees, and the clients.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: