Job #: 22479
Title: Speech Pathologist
Job Location: Miami, Florida - United States
Salary: $65.00 - $80.00 - US Dollars - Hourly
Employer Will Recruit From: Local
North West, North East Miami
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Multiple opportunities with one of the fastest growing home health organizations in South Florida.
Specific locations - Palm Beach County, Broward County
New grads welcome to apply!
Flexible hours, Per Diem or Full time available
Will travel within 20 miles of base city.
Additional incentives available JOB DESCRIPTION
The Speech Pathologist and Audiologist will function as a professional member of home health team who provides speech therapy and audiology services in the clients home under the directions of a plan of treatment established by a physician. Performance evaluations are performed by peers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assisting physician to evaluate the clients ability to communicate, determine specific deficits and recommend corrective therapy.
- Provide input into the development of plan of care.
- Conduct appropriate speech and audiological testing
- Plan, implement and evaluate communications programs.
- Discuss programs/clients progress with physicians.
- Instruct family and health team personnel in methods of speech and language improvements.
- Document initial evaluation and on-going assessment according to Agency procedures.
- Participate in team conferences and discharge planning activities.
- Serve as a member of ad hoc committees.
- Observe all Agency policies and procedures including HIPPA.
- Respect patients rights, cultural believes.
- Provides Agency with a required license or certificate and necessary information to be able to verify experience.
- Accepts only those assignments for which she/he is qualified.
- Communicates with Agency about any problems or concerns.
- Complies with state regulatory acts.
- Master degree from a university approved by the American Speech and Hearing Association.
- Has been given a certificate of Clinical Competency in speech pathology or audiology by the American Speech and Hearing Association; or meets the equivalent education requirements and work experience necessary for such certification.
- Or has completed academic and practical requirements for certification and is in the process of accumulating the supervised work experience require for certification.
- Licensed by the State of Florida
- One year of current Speech Pathology/Audiology experience required.
- Bilingual must be fluent in English and Spanish.
University - Master`s Degree
How to Apply: