Job #: 21250
Title: Manufacturing Process Engineer (CNC Machining)
Job Location: Monroe, North Carolina - United States
Salary: $80,000.00 - $90,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
The Process Engineer is responsible for maintaining current processes by keeping programs and set up documents up to the current revision level. This engineer is responsible for programming and fixture designs for new parts, initial setup and run off of new processes. This involves overseeing the efficiency and safety of our current manufacturing processes, as well as developing new processes to improve manufacturing efficiency or decrease costs. The Process Engineer needs to be an expert with regards to production equipment, understanding how to operate, change the settings, and optimize machine utilization. JOB DESCRIPTION
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Reads blue prints.
- Writes / administrates CNC programs.
- Designs Fixtures; works with Auto CAD.
- Documents set up sheets and maintains accuracy as changes or improvements are made.
- Maintains a program log for each machine to aid in scheduling.
- Analyzes current processes to monitor production levels and improve where possible.
- Troubleshooting day to day machining issues.
- Communicates with engineering while new projects are in the design phase and identifies changes in part design that will improve manufacturability.
- Monitors tooling costs and reports cost savings though process improvements.
- Sets up machines as required.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor`s degree in Mechanical Engineering or 10 years of manufacturing experience.
- 5 years CNC programming experience
- Proficient in Auto CAD or other computer aided drafting tool
- Strong geometry and trigonometry skills.
- Basic level of statistics (SPC).
- Reasoning & Decision Making Ability
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to evaluate processes, equipment capability and design intentions
Other Skills & Abilities
- Proficient with Excel.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to communicate with others at a technical level clearly.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: