Job #: 21095
Title: Quality Control Inspector
Job Location: Beaumont, Texas - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Other Compensation: 5% bonus
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
prefers local candidates, will consider others but there is no relocation assistance for this position.
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
We have an exclusive agreement with our client to identify management and technical talent for their newly constructed and commissioned facility in the Beaumont, TX area.
Our client has recently constructed a world-class methanol production facility in the Beaumont, Texas area. Operating under a joint-venture, this plant will be one of the largest methanol production facilities based on nameplate capacity. Strategically located on the Texas Gulf Coast with access to excellent distribution and logistics infrastructure, and with the partnering of their JV infrastructure, our client is destined to succeed in the industry market. JOB DESCRIPTION
The Quality Control Inspector responsibilities are the execution and administration of all aspects of the plants Quality and Mechanical Integrity program by working with the quality, production, logistics and management personnel. This role may be responsible for the day to day activities of monitoring the compliance of internal quality systems, executing routine and non-routine inspections of primarily Static Equipment and facilitation of quality performance awareness and improvement throughout the plant.
- Understands, follows and enforces all established policies, procedures and recognized practices for the QA of the plant.
- Participates in plant staff, shift, Maintenance, QA safety meetings.
- Develop and maintain site QA policies and procedures required to meet API and PSM compliance.
- Implements, executes and monitors inspection plans and systems to ensure compliance to plant specifications, elimination of defects and improvement of performance.
- Track all upcoming inspections to ensure required inspection intervals are not exceeded.
- Execute site piping and equipment inspections per API regulations and the Companys procedures.
- Input all inspection results including deficiencies into PCMS.
- Maintain all equipment records in PCMS.
- Communicates with customers and suppliers regarding quality issues, sampling, new product development and ongoing improvement efforts.
- Verify materials, part, and final products through independent checks, audits, and inspections.
- Maintains measuring and test equipment, including calibration and recommendations for replacements as needed.
- Perform VT, MT, PT and UTL NDE inspections as required for equipment repaired on site.
- Coordinate with HSE and oversee all site radiography surveys.
- Conduct formal equipment audits.
- Supports the ongoing development of the Mechanical Integrity Program.
- Present a professional image at all times to clients and vendors and maintain a positive reputation of the company.
- Follow all relevant company policies and procedures.
- Assists other Departments and other administrative personnel as necessary.
- Highschool diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum ten (10) years experience in an industrial or chemical manufacturing setting required.
- At least two of the following certifications:
a. Certified Welding Inspector
b. API 510 Pressure Vessel Inspector Certification.
c. API 570 Piping Inspector Certification
d. API 653 Above Ground Tank Inspector Certification.
e. Infra Red Thermography Inspection Certification.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Results Driven.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Technical Capacity.
- Teamwork Orientation.
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills.
- Strong analytical and project management skills.
- Working knowledge of budgets, forecasting and metrics.
- Effective presentation skills.
- Demonstrated skills in effective oral and written communication.
- Customer service.
- Ability to apply knowledge of materials management concepts and techniques
- Project management skills ability to perform sound analyses on projects.
How to Apply: