Job #: 21036
Title: Production Engineer
Job Location: Greenwood, South Carolina - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Other Compensation: 7% Bonus
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Location: Greenwood South Carolina. Close to Greenville, SC, Atlanta ,& Charlotte. Lake Greenwood. A Highley desired area to enjoy this large lake and all it`s amentities. Greenwood is a cozy town without the large city distractions. JOB DESCRIPTION
The Technology Engineer provides support as a Production Engineer to Manufacturing, as well as Product and Process Development support to Technology and the entire business, for the Greenwood site product lines (Polymer, Staple, BCF, and Industrial Fibers). The Production Engineer job components ensure the process parameters of existing processes are in statistical control, and will be the major job task for the first 6-12 months (as well as a training period, with approximately 20/80 split between Technology and Manufacturing). This position is also responsible for implementation of short to medium term product and process improvement projects, including defining new operating procedures and instructions. It provides technical support for responsible processes to operating and maintenance personnel. After 6-12 months of cross-training and mainly Production Engineer support, the job requirements will shift to more new product and process support in Technology, with continued support to Manufacturing Engineers as needed (approximately 80/20 Technology/Manufacturing).
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES, PRODUCTION ENGINEERING:
- Responsible for implementation of short to medium term product and process improvement projects, including defining new operating procedures and instructions, working with Technology and Manufacturing.
- Provide technical support for responsible processes to operating and maintenance personnel.
- Assure clearly defined procedures and instructions are documented and issued to support the improvements developed by Process Engineers and Technology.
- Through Six Sigma (A2E) approach, identify and reduce common cause variations in the product and process.
- Develop and maintain BOM and routings.
- Support the BULs and Technologys improvement initiatives.
- Lead role in ensuring process parameters of exiting processes are in statistical control.
- Evaluate daily performance and identify and eliminate common cause variations.
- Investigate and propose corrective actions for quality upsets identified by Manufacturing Engineers, Quality, or Technology.
- Transfer engineering instructions for trials and non-standard products into an executable plan.
- Assist in day-to-day technical troubleshooting for the department as required.
- Perform hazard analysis along with ESSH Engineers to develop procedures for non-routine tasks.
- Share best operational practices with other Production Engineers on site.
- Provide technical support in capital improvement projects and development of capital budget.
- Comply with all safety/health/environmental related policies and procedures, participates in company sponsored safety programs and activities, and reports to management those conditions or actions by employees or others that might create a hazard to themselves or others in the plant. Reports any work-related injury or illness, no matter how minor, to their Manager.
Maintains housekeeping in assigned areas.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES, TECHNOLOGY SPECIFIC:
- Design, conduct, and analyze experiments for new or improved product generation in BCF, Staple, IF, or Polymer.
- Translate new or improved product and process settings to Manufacturing for routine production.
- Visit and interact with customers to understand their needs and issues as needed, and support Sales and Technical Service personnel with customer needs and issues.
- Learn the details of each Greenwood Manufacturing process from raw materials to finished goods, and serve as a Technology/knowledge resource for any group within the company, and externally as needed.
- Provide design support for process-specific equipment such as piping, spinnerets, pumps, etc., starting from basic principles.
- Provide process setup support for new or revised products (e.g. determination of temperatures, pressures, speeds, etc), starting from basic principles.
SKILLS and EXPERIENCE:
IDEAL CANDIDATE EXPERIENCE IN POLYMER EXTRUSION & FIBER PROCESSING & (FIBER SPINNING) TEXTILE,CARPET INDUSTRIES, MILLIKEN, SHAW , MOHAWK COMPANIES
- Knowledge of data analysis, handling, and presentation, including basic statistics, experimental design, and data mining. Experience with Minitab and JMP highly recommended.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to provide timely and effective communications to all levels of the organization.
- Prior experience in and the demonstrated ability to lead teams in Emergency Response situations are highly desired.
- Demonstrated ability to use influencing skills to accomplish goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment. Team player within a matrix organization.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels of an organization.
- Ability to prioritize work and handle multiple/varied tasks efficiently.
- Ability to effectively lead investigation teams and bring resolution to incidents.
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office, databases, SAP, graphics, JMP or SAS, Minitab).
- Degree: BS or MS in Engineering, preferably Chemical Engineering or Materials Science.
- Experience: 4-7+ years experience in polymer and fiber processing (fiber spinning experience is a plus ), with statistical analysis and DOE experience preferred.
- Six Sigma (Green Belt certified) or equivalent experience implementing productivity/continuous improvement projects preferred.
- No direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Ability to interact with all levels of employees.
- Ability to function between different organizations (e.g. Manufacturing and Technology) simultaneously
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: