Job #: 20997
Title: Production Manager
Job Location: Chicago, Illinois - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Other Compensation: plus 30% max bonus
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
relo is lump sum to move goods and maybe temp living
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Production Manager Chemical Processing Site location: Chicago IL (Relocation assistnace provided)
Why this might be a great opportunity:
- A resume building position for a chemical engineer advance now from shift supervisor to a management level role in a company that will offer future advancement; gain knowledge now in continuous distillation, root cause analysis, ISO, cGMP, HACCP, food safety, OSHA VPP, PSM; check the resume box for union labor.
- Gain career stability in a multi-site Chemical & Ingredients Company that values HSE with awards and recognition. They have been manufacturing at this site for well over 30 years serving many customers.
- The company COO and leadership team are known for hiring top-talent such that youll be joining an A Team with a focused effort on continuous improvement and employee career progressions.
Reporting directly to the Site Manager, youll take responsibility for day-to-day operations of a continuous chemical manufacturing area including direct management of the Production Supervisors and indirect management of the hourly labor staff. Youll also manage production budget, drive continuous improvement, and be the production team champion for quality and regulatory affairs (OSHA, EPA, local regulations, cGMP, ISO, and food safety). There will be a Production Planner, Training Coordinator, and Production Engineer to support your efforts
Develop the production team through the hiring, training, and management of all operating personnel and direct production support staff including-
- Ensures efficient operation at optimum process conditions to minimize overall costs
- Promotes and ensures safe work conditions through active leadership within the Safety, Health and Environment (SHE) program including a high standard of housekeeping within the plant.
- Drive continuous improvement of operating procedures and equipment.
- Prepares proposals for capital expenditures and recommend projects.
- Contributes to process development and product development activities.
- Reviews SOPs and ensures that all GFSI, ISO, cGMP, HACCP, Food Safety, Food Defense, Prerequisite programs and operating procedures are in place.
- Production department leader responsible for root cause incidents and corrective actions implemented for both production and safety related incidents.
- Oversee the training program for employees in your area
- Develop new procedures related to the production units, human resources, safety and quality requirements.
- Contributes to the harmonious work environment through effective management and communication
Were searching for a Chemical Engineer with experience in Production Team Leadership from a plant that includes liquid processing systems; could be mixing & blending, chemical manufacturing, food processing, plastics or etc.
- 5+ years experience in a manufacturing plant with liquid system processing
- Time spent as a supervisor or manager leading a production team
- From chemical manufacturing industry or related industries; food production, plastics, and other process industries that use chemicals in the process
- Exposure to root cause analysis, process improvement initiatives, and closing out action items (which is typical for any engineer in manufacturing)
- Well versed in Industrial Safety and overall plant EHS concerns.
- Not required but any of these will be a plus:
- Union labor
- Knowledge ofISO and food safety regulations (HACCP)
- Experience with continuous distillation
- Has worked under OSHA PSM
- Authorized to work for any employer in the USA without restrictions; no sponsorship.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: