Job #: 20044
Title: Associate Counsel
Job Location: Lancaster, South Carolina - United States
Salary: $70,000.00 - $105,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
We are looking for an Associate Counsel to report to the General Counsel, and to frequently interact with the senior management. Counsel will provide general legal services to the company, including guidance on various issues related to the company`s operations and practices. JOB DESCRIPTION
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide effective identification and mitigation of key business legal risks.
- Provide management and oversight for the filing and on-going maintenance of all pertinent intellectual property portfolio documents and rights, including patents, trademarks, and copyrights.
- Participate and provide guidance in complex business transactions.
- Draft and review contracts for all aspects of the business.
- Interact with and manage outside counsel.
- Assist outside litigation counsel with discovery and other needs in any litigation matters for the company.
- Work closely with internal departments (e.g., supply chain, production, quality, marketing/sales, and regulatory/government affairs) to help ensure legal compliance in a variety of areas, such as intellectual property, social media, consumer protection/advertising, and various business transactions.
- Perform other assigned duties as may be required in meeting company objectives.
- Communicate effectively with other departments within the organization and function within a team environment.
- The ideal candidate will have 3 to 5 years of experience in a law firm, and possess the ability to work independently and as part of a team. Prior in-house experience a plus.
- Outstanding negotiating, communication, drafting, and writing skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with internal constituents and external organizations, customers, suppliers, and outside counsel.
- Must have extensive experience negotiating and drafting a wide variety of complex business contracts.
- Must have litigation experience.
- Experience in intellectual property and other complex litigation preferred.
- Must possess the ability to spot key legal issues and identify potential risk mitigation across a range of subject matters.
- Experience or familiarity with advertising law and promotion of consumer products a plus.
- Experience in intellectual property law, including licensing of intellectual property rights and intellectual property due diligence, a plus.
- Self-starter with a sense of urgency, ability to multi-task, ability to handle unanticipated situations effectively, and work well under pressure with tight deadlines.
- Some travel required.
Education and Experience
- Juris Doctorate from an ABA accredited law school
- An active license to practice law in South Carolina (or have the ability to acquire such license)
- 3+ years` experience as a practicing lawyer
University - JD
How to Apply: