Job #: 18359
Title: System Integration Engineer of RF Networks Job # 3197
Job Location: Austin, Texas - United States
Salary: $90,000.00 - $110,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Were a great place to work as a small company with quality high tech products that will blow your mind. We have little bureaucracy, great benefits, and are located in the heart of Austin, Texas where the weather is mild, the cost of living is some of the more reasonable in the country and is a great place to live and raise a family. Join our RF group if you want to be involved building new, high tech WIFI, satellite, network and IoT products JOB DESCRIPTION
Job # 3197
We are hiring a brilliant RF Systems Integration Engineer who will be setting up and operating our field test sites, as well as performing site propagation analysis, designing the network system, perform systems planning, etc. The select individual will have strong RF skills and be familiar with EDX network planning software.
You will report directly to the Head of System Integration and will work in conjunction with the hardware, software, QA, and operational field teams and be responsible for the system integration for wireless equipment and entire LoRa networks. The emphasis for this position is in indoor wireless network systems primarily utilizing 802.11 Wi-Fi, and 802.14 Bluetooth/BTLE, LoRa, GPS, and additional protocols and technologies.
- Experience with LoRa or Zigbee networks would be deemed as a plus, coupled with verifiable RF network experience.
- You will need to be a current resident, have permanent authorization to work in the United States.
You will be working primarily in our Lab environment, as well as in the field, where new technology is developed and matured into our product line. The role is very hands on starting with testing and validation of individual subscriber and wireless network elements followed by initial integration in a lab testbed environment to final integration in an engineering field trial environment. Taking products from the initial development phase, to testing and investigating intermittent failures, to deployment in the field. The ideal candidate will have a background in the development of new technologies and systems and building them from the ground up.
Join our RF group if you want to be involved building new, high tech Wireless products with us. Your focus will be in support of wireless access and network technologies applied to home, office/retail, warehouse, industrial, farm, and campus environments. These sensors and access points are integrated in an end-to-end cloud-based system which provide critical data analytics, and data driven alarms to end users via Web, cellular device-based, and satellite applications.
We offer great benefits to include, medical, dental, vision and a 401K match and are located in Austin, TX which is known as the Silicon Valley of Texas, where the cost of living is extremely reasonable, and the activities are virtually endless. QUALIFICATIONS
- 5+ years of systems integration and development in RF subscriber, home gateway, and access point products as well as end point subscriber products
- Strong experience with at least one of the following RF technologies: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and indoor IoT technologies such as LoRa, 802.13.4 or ZigBee
- Experience testing RF devices including BER /sensitivity measurements, transmit power/spectral mask measurements, and basic antenna pattern testing
- Design and create lab test bench systems in conjunction with HW, SW, and QA teams
- Measure and debug radio protocol transactions. Capture and debug of protocol transactions as necessary
- Measurement of throughput and capacity of Radio networks and devices.
- Design and execute field trial test to validate system assumptions
- Link budget and RF propagation analysis and subsequent validation test in the field
- Experience with lab equipment: oscilloscope, spectrum analyzer, protocol analyzers, network analyzers, etc.
- Experience in lab automation and test script development.
- Excellent planning, documentation, and verbal communication skills
Academic and Professional Requirements
- The position requires travel approximately 15% percent of the time for engineering and customer field trials
- Authorization to work in the United States is required
A Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering, or a Masters degree (preferred)
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: