Job #: 18810
Title: Corporate Risk Officer - I.T. (Information Technology)
Job Location: Charlotte, North Carolina - United States
Salary: $85,000.00 - $135,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: Traditional Bank
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
The Business Risk Officer contributes to the global quality of risk management across the client bank by proactively collaborating with high-ranking leaders and line of business unit managers to ascertain, calculate, quantify, observe and report on risk dangers to the business. The Corporate Risk Officer also represents the Risk Management Platform as a counselor and consultant to the business on the vital identification of emerging risks and the proficient means of managing recognized and projected risks. The Corporate Risk Officer is considered a subject matter expert (SME) in their area of specialization. JOB DESCRIPTION
Critical Tasks and Accountabilities
The Corporate Risk Officer is accountable for the following tasks:
- Providing impartial and independent counsel, consultation and risk management support in strict accordance to the Client banks risk frameworks and tools.
- Aiding Enterprise Risk Management and Operational Risk Management executives in the delivery of risk education throughout the Client bank.
- Communicating and intensifying matters of substantial risk to executive/senior leadership and business unit managers, with a robust focus on identification of patterns and tendencies along with prospective strategies to manage identified risks.
- Cooperate with colleagues and supervisors within the risk management area to facilitate the discussion of risk and control information about the business unit(s) within the Corporate Risk Officers zone of responsibility.
- Help RMP managers in the monitoring of actions utilized by management to remediate internal control or compliance concerns.
- Significantly aiding the Client bank?wide inventory and risk assessment of models, and the justification of lesser risk models.
- Bolstering the identification and research of operational risk events and losses within assigned business units.
- Facilitating cross?functional risk assessments in their zones of responsibility, including participating with other risk areas and functions as required.
- Engaging in and supporting management with analyses of pre/post project risk assessments and valuations.
- Collaborating with all respective business unit managers to ascertain, evaluate, quantify, monitor, and report bank enterprise risks in agreement with risk management plans and programs.
- Facilitating assessment and observing the essentials of operational, enterprise, and/or quantitative risk management programs within assigned business units.
- Aiding business unit executives in the creation of risk appetite statements and analysis, identification, and reporting of related key risk indicators.
- Supporting respective internal bank partners with all new stress scenarios, product/service risk assessments and emerging risk analyses.
- Overseeing the business unit risk and control information within the Client banks system relative to change management, quality and integrity standards, and coordination with additional user groups.
- Supporting senior leadership with risk profile information, analyses, and reporting.
The following background, credentials, and experience are required for the Corporate Risk Officer:
- Eight or more years of experience in a financial services company, with specialization in one of the subsequent crucial areas: commercial lending, bank operations, consumer lending, information technology, finance, and/or wealth management.
- Eight or more years of experience applying internal control frameworks, risk management methodologies, and regulatory requests in the respective area of specialization.
The subsequent requirements apply to the Corporate Risk Officer opportunity;
I.T. (Information Technology)
- Understanding of policies, processes, procedures, controls, and technology typically found in the IT environment.
- Know-how in IT disaster recovery planning and testing.
- Familiarity with FFIEC regulatory guidelines and IT control frameworks used in the examination of IT activities.
- Proven experience and familiarity in I.T. Operations, including but not limited to; access management, incident management, configuration management, application development and software support, vulnerability management, patch management, as well as other I.T. support undertakings.
- Awareness with internal and external penetration tests and/or network monitoring tools.
- Microsoft Excel data management techniques experience for analysis and reporting.
- Awareness of bank corporate governance principles.
- Aptitude to manage numerous work streams and deliverables as well as coordinate transversely functional initiatives.
- Knowledge of internal control principles and practices.
- Honed and mature facilitation skills.
- Far-reaching understanding of banking and financial services.
- Awareness with risk assessment and management frameworks and policies.
- Fluency with the banking regulatory environment.
Education and/or Accreditations
- Bachelors degree in business, quantitative analysis, finance, mathematics, statistics, accounting, or related fields.
- Masters or advanced degree preferred but not required; professional certifications in a related field such as internal audit, risk management, information security, compliance, wealth management, finance, technology, accounting, or fraud.
How to Apply: