Job #: 13890
Title: Process Design Engineer
Job Location: Pensacola, Florida - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Other Compensation: 8-12% bonus potential
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Location Pensacola Florida, Best Beach in the USA, Year around Fun in the Sun,Process Design Engineer, Tremendous Growth opportunity, Anxious to Hire ASAP JOB DESCRIPTION
The Process Design Engineer will be responsible for scoping, designing and following through execution, and commissioning phases for projects that add capabilities, improve quality, or increase production capacity. The role is focused on finding creative solutions to challenges, providing rapid implementation timetables, while achieving the best alignment with customer and business needs at lowest cost.
The role will focus on:
- Integration as part of a project team with project leaders, manufacturing staff and Technology engineers.
- Develop flow schemes to determine mass and energy balances fluid dynamics control logic, and equipment specifications.
- Model processes as part of the overall sizing/design processes.
- Continued involvement in project execution and start up beyond the design phase.
- Interacting with leading internal and external experts, vendors, and other outside consultants to develop and implement improvements
- Providing technical guidance on areas of expertise to plant manufacturing and engineering organizations.
- Performing process HAZOPs, RCAs, FMEAs, and PSRs
- Manage and maintain key capacity of conventional nylon polymerization or chemical intermediates manufacturing processes
- Developing projects for low cost routes to debottleneck capacity
- Maximizing throughput rate at equivalent quality
- Optimizing operation for conversion costs
- Proactively manage project milestone delivery, identify potential obstacles and issues, devise contingency plans, and engage stakeholders at necessary decision points
- Oversee development of process flow diagrams, heat & mass balances, piping & instrument diagrams, and economic estimates from initial concept to final design
- Manage the project stage gate process with Six Sigma rigor and statistical methodology and use tools to drive efficiency across all programs
- Manage internal resources, vendors, consultants, and contract resources to accomplish project goals
- Maintain product and company reputation by complying with federal and state regulations
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, rules, and regulations
- Monitor work for compliance to applicable codes and accepted engineering practices and standards
Bachelors degree in Chemical Engineering. Advanced degree considered a plus.
3 + years Process Design experience:
SIMULATION & MODELING EXPERIENCE REQUIRED MUST HAVES
- Ability to interface, orally and in writing, with many levels of employees of various disciplines within various departments and all other internal and external contacts.
- Strong analytical and technical skills, ability to solve complex problems, ability to innovate, and a strategic business perspective.
- Ability to work with interdisciplinary and cross-functional teams to take a concept to plant implementation.
- Broad knowledge of chemical unit operations including reactions, separations, environmental controls and so forth. Knowledge of computer systems and software related to process control, optimization and simulation.
- Experience with Aspen, HYSYS, Fathom, HTRI, AFT Arrow, Process Explorer, Provox, AIM Station, DMACS, or similar packages is needed.
- This job may require occasional travel for vendor visits and internal meetings. Travel may be domestic or foreign.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: