Job Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Job Type: Full-Time
Leads projects from start to finish with little oversight from Senior Project Manager or Division Manager. Uses proactive approach on the project and takes on a leadership role in managing the Project Start-Up, Relationships/Communication, Schedule, Budget, Close-out, Risk, and other components of the project. Leads other members of the project team toward successful completion of the project. Management position within company.
Follows standard McCownGordon procedures and policies to accomplish the following:
- Gains exposure to the pre-construction process by collaborating with Senior Project Manager and Estimating team on budgets, reviewing required work with subcontractors, and preplanning operational activities with assistance from Senior Project Manager/Division Manager.
- Leads preparation of subcontracts by writing the scopes of work.
- Sets up projects with excellence.
- Builds and maintains superior relationships with Owners, Architects, Project Team, and Trade Partners.
- Communicates regularly with all involved parties regarding project plans, status of the project, upcoming activities, and open issues.
- Leads and/or oversees all aspects of project-related meetings, including Subcontractor Progress meetings, Owner/Architect/Contractor (OAC) meetings, and pre-installation meetings
- Manages complex and/or difficult situations on projects with little oversight from Sr. Project Manager.
- Develops comprehensive schedule from the inception of the project by closely reviewing plans and specifications for required activities. Works with McCownGordon project team and trade partners to accurately reflect durations and sequence or logic.
- Analyzes project progress and updates interim schedules to reflect progress.
- Proactively manages project schedules with team to ensure projects remain on or ahead of schedule.
- Analyzes critical path and modifies schedule when needed.
- Ensures 2/3 week look aheads are completed by the Project Engineer/Superintendent.
- Sets up initial budgets by tabulating each required scope of work and inputting into required project management and accounting systems.
- Manages the budget process by updating required work to complete and current budget sections on a regular basis.
- Creates projections and forecasts by working with Superintendent and Senior Project Manager/Division Manager and project team to accurately reflect upcoming and or projected costs required to successfully complete the project on time.
- Accurately projects work to complete and the relative financial success of the project.
- Proactively initiates the close-out process prior to the completion of the project.
- Provides overall leadership and accountability for all close-out activities associated with the project.
- Ensures that all close-out documents are delivered to the Owner/Architect in a timely manner.
- Ensures all pay applications and retainage billings are submitted in a timely manner.
- Plans, coordinates, and leads plus/delta meeting for associates, clients, and architects.
- Manages risks proactively, with assistance from Superintendent and/or Senior Project Manager/Division Manager by prioritizing tasks to mitigate/eliminate risk. Looks ahead at potential risks and establishes a plan to eliminate or reduce the potential risk for both budget and schedule.
- Leads Project Engineers by training them on the specifics of the project, exposing them to the RFI, submittal, and budget processes and by giving them regular feedback and communication on their performance.
- Provides leadership at the project level by managing the owner and architect teams toward the successful resolution of action items.
- Provides leadership for the trade partnering team by routine communication with the trade partnering community and by managing trade partners by the terms and conditions of their subcontracts.
- Trains staff and acts as mentor and leader to Project Engineers and Project Managers.
- Bachelors Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or related field, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Proficiency in Procore and Microsoft Project to manage all components of the project.
- Proficiency in computer applications, preferably Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated ability to take a leadership role on projects from start to finish.
- Proven consistent track record of successful projects/project management.
- Demonstrated ability to properly set up projects with excellence.
- Strong fundamental knowledge of budget setup, management and tracking.
- Demonstrated ability to develop project schedules and manage from beginning to end.
- Proven track record of proactive approach to problem resolution and issues management.
- Demonstrated relationship skills: seen by the Field personnel as a leader in the management of the project and proactively support the Field in the short and long term planning/management of the project.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage more than one project at a time.
- Proficient in running project-related meetings, including Progress, OAC, and pre-installation meetings.
- LEED Accreditation.
The position requires work in an office environment.
Note: This job description reflects a summary of the job and does not prescribe or restrict the responsibilities that may be assigned. The job description is subject to change at any time.
HOW TO APPLY: