See all jobs in Wichita KS
Job Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Job Type: Full-Time
Follows standard McCownGordon procedures and policies to accomplish the following:
- Gains exposure to the pre-construction process by collaborating with Senior Project Manager and Estimating team on budgets, reviewing required work with Trade Partners, and preplanning operational activities with assistance from Senior Project Manager/Division Manager.
- Assists with preparing subcontracts by writing the scopes of work.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with Owners, Architects, Project Team, and Trade Partners.
- Communicates regularly with all involved parties regarding project plans, status of the project, upcoming activities, and open issues.
- Leads and/or oversees all aspects of project-related meetings, including Subcontractor Progress meetings, Owner/Architect/Contractor (OAC) meetings, and pre-installation meetings.
- Develops comprehensive schedule from the inception of the project by closely reviewing plans and specifications for required activities. Works with McCownGordon project team and subcontractors to accurately reflect duration`s and sequence or logic.
- Analyzes project progress and updates interim schedules to reflect progress.
- Proactively manages project schedules with team to ensure projects remain on or ahead of schedule.
- Ensures 2-3 week look aheads are completed by the Project Engineer/Superintendent.
- Sets up initial budgets by tabulating each required scope of work and inputting into required project management and accounting systems.
- Manages the budget process by updating required work to complete and current budget sections on a regular basis.
- Creates projections and forecasts by working with Superintendent and Senior Project Manager/Division Manager and project team to accurately reflect upcoming and or projected costs required to successfully complete the project on time.
- Accurately projects work to complete and the relative financial success of the project.
- Proactively initiates the close-out process prior to the completion of the project.
- Provides overall leadership and accountability for all close-out activities associated with the project.
- Ensures that all close-out documents are delivered to the Owner/Architect in a timely manner.
- Ensures all pay applications and retainage billings are submitted in a timely manner.
- Plans, coordinates, and leads plus/delta meeting for associates, clients, and architects.
- Manages risks proactively, with assistance from Superintendent and/or Senior Project Manager/Division Manager by prioritizing tasks to mitigate/eliminate risk. Looks ahead at potential risks and establishes a plan to eliminate or reduce the potential risk for both budget and schedule.
- Leads Project Engineers by training them on the specifics of the project, exposing them to the RFI, submittal, and budget processes and by giving them regular feedback and communication on their performance.
- Provides leadership at the project level by managing the owner and architect teams toward the successful resolution of action items.
- Provides leadership for the subcontracting team by routine communication with the subcontracting community and by managing subcontractors by the terms and conditions of their subcontracts.
- Bachelors Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or related field, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Proficiency in ProCore and Microsoft Project to manage all components of the project.
- Proficiency in computer applications, preferably Microsoft Office.
- Strong fundamental knowledge of budget setup, management and tracking.
- Proven track record of proactive approach to problem resolution and issues management.
- LEED Accreditation.
- Demonstrated relationship skills: seen by the Field personnel as a leader in the management of the project and proactively support the Field in the short and long term planning/management of the project.
- Proficient in running project-related meetings, including Progress, OAC, and pre-installation meetings.
- Proven track record of mastering all Project Engineer responsibilities over several project cycles.
- Proven consistent track record of leading successful projects/project management.
The position requires work in an office environment.
Note: This job description reflects a summary of the job and does not prescribe or restrict the responsibilities that may be assigned. The job description is subject to change at any time.
HOW TO APPLY: