See all jobs in Kansas City MO
Job Location: Kansas City, MO
Job Type: Full-Time
- Overall Project Development Strategy: Provides input to the leadership team to help establish revenue goals based on growth and market share objective.
- Target Markets: Assists project development management team (PDMT) in identifying opportunities for profitable growth in existing and new markets by researching industry trends, barriers to entry, key stakeholders, economic forecasts, competitors, governmental legislation, and other relevant indicators.
- Market Sector Strategy:
- Develops strategy to expand identified target markets by prescribing the appropriate mix of project development, marketing, internal and external communications, and client relations.
- Keeps abreast of target market developments through community and professional associations, publications, and networking.
- Presents strategies to project development management team and updates as necessary throughout the year.
- Business Plans:
- Develops specific business plans to execute the market sector strategies, including action steps, timeline, and tracking methods.
- Presents plans to project development management team (PDMT) and updates as necessary throughout the year.
- Guiding Others:
- Sets the example for developing market sector strategy and business plans and helps guide the planning process.
- Lead Generation:
- Actively generates leads by contacting potential new clients within target markets. Focuses on new opportunities for McCownGordon, including those outside the metropolitan region.
- Coordinates with operations staff to ensure follow-up and communication with current and past clients.
- Facilitates introductions and meetings with key stakeholders and McCownGordon executives and operations associates.
- Shares industry-specific information with key stakeholders to strengthen relationships.
- Actively participates in the community through civic, economic development, not-for-profit, and professional organizations.
- Lead Qualification:
- Evaluates feasibility of leads through networking and gathering information about the project.
- Assists with go/no go decision-making process by evaluating potential rewards, challenges, and financial and resume implications of the project.
- Lead Management:
- Follows up on leads by staying in contact with key influencers and decision-makers.
- Tracks status of leads through business contact management software.
- Communicates status of leads during PDMT meetings and keeps key leaders updated regarding the status.
- Proactively engages operations leaders in lead management process.
- Pre-Proposal Process: Leads the proposal effort by scheduling pre-proposal meetings and assisting with the identification of internal associates and external team members.
- Proposal Development: Participates in the proposal development from beginning to end by assisting with writing narratives, editing, and delivering the finished proposal.
- Interviews: Participates in interview preparations by assisting with format, outline, and content of the presentation. Represents the company in interview meetings as appropriate.
- Follow-Up: Works with Division Managers and Executives to ensure follow up with project clients with questions and/or clarifications about the proposal and to track the status for selection.
- Close: Works with Division Managers and Executives to ensure closure to the proposal process - helps analyze results to learn from both wins and losses, and helps communicate final details to appropriate parties.
- Bachelors Degree in Business, or related field, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- 7+ years of experience of Business/Project Development experience.
- Experience in the K-12 Market
- Proven track record of business/project development success.
- Strategic Skills proven track record of successfully developing, presenting, and executing market sector strategies and business plans.
- Lead Management Skills proven track record of successfully generating, qualifying, and managing leads. High percentage of leads have led to real projects for McCownGordon. Proven ability to engage operations leadership in lead management.
- Winning proven track record of successfully leading the proposal process to maximize potential for winning business.
- Competencies high level of performance in professional competencies.
The position requires work in an office environment, as well as extensive out-of-office networking, including before and after business hour events.
Note: This job description reflects a summary of the job and does not prescribe or restrict the responsibilities that may be assigned. The job description is subject to change at any time.
HOW TO APPLY: