Job Location: Kansas City, MO, USA
Job Type: Full-Time
Individual has mastered MEP/S engineering, estimating and construction basics and demonstrated proficiency in core skills. Able to complete take-off, trade partner communication, scope coordination, detailed pricing, identify design gapes and provide complete estimates as well as identify cost options and field issues. Provides training of specialists and develops communication and soft skills.
Follows standard McCownGordon procedures and policies to accomplish the following:
- Marketing: Assists team with material for proposals, qualifications, interviews or marketing as needed.
- Relationships: Builds new and retain/strengthen existing relationships with trade partners, consultants and potential clients.
- Networking: Attends industry events and begins networking in the industry.
- Pursuit Assistance: Supports project team with pursuit assistance.
- Interviews: Attends interviews as requested and presents on departmental role
- Conceptual Information: Assist project team with conceptual estimating and system types.
- LCCA: Able to gather relevant info for LCCA e.g. utility rates, equipment costs, maintenance costs, equipment life, rebates and incentives. Able to run various programs to provide LCCA and provide work product for project team
- Document Reviews: Supports team in document review. Identifies optimal and innovation solutions and VE opportunities..
- System Analysis: Performs preliminary system analysis and develop high level associated cost and provide work product for project team
- Estimating: Assist project team with MEP/S estimating at various design stages, review preconstruction and trade partner estimates and provide input related to engineering trades.
- Design/Cost Options: Assist project team with MEP/S design/cost options at various design stages.
- Cost History: Supports cost historian and Director with maintaining cost history database.
- Project Scheduling: Informs project team of long lead time items and makes recommendations for procurement
- Trade Partner Collaboration: Understands trade partners strengths and who to recommend for specific project types and assists preconstruction team with trade partner selection. Provides and asks for feedback from preconstruction and construction teams on performance for tracking in a database.
- Design Assist Process: Writes conceptual narratives for related MEP/S systems including sizing, layout and coordination requirements.
- Scope of Work: Reviews MEP/S scope of work documents editing by project management staff.
- Bid Evaluation: Assists preconstruction manager with MEP/S bid evaluations - provide analysis and make recommendations.
- Rebates/Incentives: Understand available rebates and incentives and brings them to attention of project team.
- Sustainability: Supports project team with sustainability initiatives by providing recommendations, support material, alternative costing.
- Meetings: Attend trade and / or consultant coordination meetings at regular intervals.
- Submittals: Reviews specific MEP/S submittals on select projects and provide feedback to operations team.
- Change Orders: Review change orders on select projects
- Site Observations: Attend site reviews on a regular process on assigned projects
- QAQC: Assist QA/QC team with answering of questions, site reviews and other information as needed
- Commissioning: Assist commissioning agent on gathering of information as required
- Troubleshoot: Assist project team with troubleshooting as required.
- As-Builts: Review as-builts and O&Ms on select projects
- Oversight for High Risk: Assist with high risk trade partners
- Training: Assist in developing training courses for other McCownGordon departments. Coordinate 3rd party training opportunities for department.
- Thought Leadership: Assist with writing of white papers and developing presentations.
- Mentoring: Mentor others in the company to your skill set. Mentor specialist level and help develop them into managers.
- Involvement: Attend professional, civic and philanthropic associations. Seek committee opportunities.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, or related field, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- 10+ years experience
- Proficiency in computer applications, preferably Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of sustainable practices and/ or LEED accreditation.
- Professional Engineer license preferred.
The position requires work in an office environment.
Note: This job description reflects a summary of the job and does not prescribe or restrict the responsibilities that may be assigned. The job description is subject to change at any time.
HOW TO APPLY: