Digital Press Imaging Operator
Bindery Chanhassen, MN
- Operate high resolution, variable print proprietary imaging equipment.
- Program and prepare jobs for printing.
- Maintain daily print job production logs and daily delivery manifests.
- Setup, program and release jobs from print queue.
- Adjust image position.
- Color quality and resolution, perforations and folds on paper, etc.
- Monitor quality of job output for correctness and image quality.
- Order supplies such as ink, chemical solutions, blankets and rollers, paper, tabs, and other items as needed.
- Maintain inventory levels.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
- Requires excellent knowledge of digital print and/or ink jet equipment set up, adjustment, operating procedures, and a corresponding level of skill to set up, operate, and adjust the equipment.
- Able to set up, operate, and adjust the equipment, and in addition, diagnose, solve, and correct operating problems affecting the quality and timeliness of the service or product or function.
- Requires knowledge of color theory and ability to make adjustments and color corrections when operating the equipment to produce the imaging to customer specifications.
- Good knowledge of file manipulation and file formats for digital print.
- Good knowledge and ability to set up feed rollers, tensioning, timing and in-line finishing per job specifications.
- May instruct junior level operators how to complete the required corrective adjustment.
- Typically, corrective adjustments performed require the operator to consider the symptom(s), possible causes and remedies.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be willing to work weekend overtime as needed.
- Must be able to flex schedule to meet the needs of production, including working a different shift if needed.
- Must be able to frequently lift 20 pounds and occasionally lift up to 50 pounds
For challenging and rewarding career opportunities with an innovative industry leader, consider RR Donnelley. RR Donnelley provides communications and consultative business services to a who’s who of US and international clients. A FORTUNE 500 company with locations around the world, RR Donnelley produces printed and digital communications. You probably touch our products almost every day. With a reputation for excellence built over 145 years plus a portfolio of patents and breakthrough new products, RR Donnelley is building for a strong future.
We are a business-to-business company offering opportunities in a variety of disciplines. RR Donnelley is strongly committed to setting ambitious goals, rewarding performance, and providing opportunities for personal and professional growth. We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
RR Donnelley is an EEO/AA Employer