Bindery Equipment Operator
Bindery Lemont, IL
We are in immediate need of an Automation Operator for 2nd shift (M-F 2:00 pm-10:00 pm) and 3rd shift (10:00 pm- 6:00 am).
- Operate offline and auxiliary binding/finishing/packaging equipment
- Requires knowledge of standard set ups, adjustments and operating characteristics of the equipment and skill to perform standard adjustments and operate the equipment
- Ability to set up, operate, and perform basic adjustments to the equipment according to the individual job requirements, operating characteristics, and capabilities of the equipment.
- Enter the appropriate codes into data collection
- Review sheetfed press schedule in JobPack and review job jackets in Dashboard.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with press operators, helpers, and material handlers on schedule and materials
- Handle stock and materials according to PBM SOPs
- Operate an automaton according to PBMs documented work instructions.
- Check for defects in paper stock
- Take direction from material handling shift lead and manager
- Set up and adjusts machine and equipment for production runs.
- Clean, lubricate and maintain machine to ensure its optimum operation.
- May troubleshoot issues and submit requests for maintenance as needed.
- May coordinate the assignment of crewmembers and may provide training for new team members.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
- High School/GED and/or equivalent experience in a manufacturing environment
- Minimum 3 years previous experience setting up and running machines.
- Previous experience in the operation of a bindery machine or work in a printing environment
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Ability to make and read measurements.
- Ability to read, understand and carry out written instructions.
- Ability to understand verbal instructions.
- Standing 100% of the entire time.
- Lifting up to 50 lbs occasionally, 35 lbs. frequently.
- Grasping with both hands for long periods of time.
- Continuous eye concentration
For challenging and rewarding career opportunities with an innovative industry leader, consider RR Donnelley. RR Donnelley provides communications and consultative business services to a who’s who of US and international clients. A FORTUNE 500 company with locations around the world, RR Donnelley produces printed and digital communications. You probably touch our products almost every day. With a reputation for excellence built over 145 years plus a portfolio of patents and breakthrough new products, RR Donnelley is building for a strong future.
We are a business-to-business company offering opportunities in a variety of disciplines. RR Donnelley is strongly committed to setting ambitious goals, rewarding performance, and providing opportunities for personal and professional growth. We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
RR Donnelley is an EEO/AA Employer