Pre-Media Portland, OR
The Art Director will be part of a creative team and will help to lead the design and creative direction efforts. You should thrive in a fast-paced environment and be ready and eager to bring your special sauce to every project no matter how large or small the challenge.
- Lead creative development for projects, focusing on digital, as well as print, and experiential.
- Contribute original designs and concepts.
- Oversee and ensure Brand consistency and quality across marketing production work.
- Ensure timely and accurate project deliverables.
- Mentor junior creative team members.
- Collaborate with creative, copy and digital teams.
- Remain current with industry best practices and apply them to the development of creative.
- Art directs new and production based projects.
- Follows projects throughout all stages of print production and/or online deployment.
- Provides production support to produce technically correct, print ready mechanicals for release.
- Interacts regularly with client, creative partners and other team members as needed for completion of assigned projects.
- Interprets marketing ideas and turns them into visual reality at a world-class level.
- Works directly with Creative Director to help create top-line campaigns which push the boundaries.
- Solves business challenges through smart creative design.
- Takes ownership, leads initiatives and successfully executes through all stages of creative development on target, on time and on budget.
- Effective communication with peers, senior management and clients across all topics from business to creative.
- Participates in the recruiting and hiring process and is responsible for on boarding and training new employees.
- Bachelors degree in discipline related field and 5+ yrs. of experience
- Impressive portfolio of imaginative work showcasing a variety of experience focusing on digital
- Retail, agency or in-house corporate design experience preferred
- Well versed on Macintosh platform (OSX) and industry standard applications.
- Must be highly proficient in Adobe CS software and other applicable programs, including Adobe XD.
- Experience presenting/pitching concepts to internal clients and external customers and sourcing vendors
- New ideas, great design sense, copywriting skills (a plus) and the ability to prepare projects for print are essential
- Understanding of print production, basic web development and good user interface concepts
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the proven ability to build and maintain strong and effective customer and internal relationships
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, along with the ability to listen for understanding to execute the work according to the customers needs
- Expertise with relevant Adobe Creative Suite applications
- Ability to juggle multiple projects while meeting demanding deadlines, producing high quality work, and projecting a positive attitude
- Strong project management skills, organizational skills and time-management skills
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
For challenging and rewarding career opportunities with an innovative industry leader, consider RR Donnelley. RR Donnelley provides communications and consultative business services to a who’s who of US and international clients. A FORTUNE 500 company with locations around the world, RR Donnelley produces printed and digital communications. You probably touch our products almost every day. With a reputation for excellence built over 145 years plus a portfolio of patents and breakthrough new products, RR Donnelley is building for a strong future.
We are a business-to-business company offering opportunities in a variety of disciplines. RR Donnelley is strongly committed to setting ambitious goals, rewarding performance, and providing opportunities for personal and professional growth. We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
RR Donnelley is an EEO/AA Employer