Consultative Content Writer
Pre-Media San Antonio, TX
For over 150 years, RR Donnelley has helped businesses connect with audiences through the power of words and images. With our numerous complementary capabilities in creative and design services, content management, digital and print production, data analytics, supply chain management, business process outsourcing and logistics, RR Donnelley can power its more than 60,000 customers to create connected experiences with their customers.
The Content Specialist is a client-facing RR Donnelley consultant who provides project management, writing, and editing services. You accurately interpret and analyze business and technical requirements to facilitate the writing, editing, and production of custom content that fulfills client specifications. You interview and consult with stakeholders and subject matter experts to define requirements. You manage and partner to facilitate the production workflow of multiple documents simultaneously, including ensuring on-time delivery and accurate input from all stakeholders. This role is focused on financial services, specifically banking, and insurance messaging that communicate operational issues and instructions to the institutions customers. You serve as a business analyst for written communication in any medium (print, digital, emails, text alerts, etc.).
- Manage document creation workflow from initial request to final publication
- Set up and lead meetings to interview subject matter experts and other stakeholders, defining the content and technical requirements of all assignments
- Create a communication brief to define the document, collecting key points and messages that will be used by RRD writers creating the document
- Conduct research to understand content assignment, stakeholder needs, and legal/regulatory details
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to facilitate and translate the development of each documents content requirements
- Identify and assess true customer needs beyond the initial customer request
- Understand the differences between various media channels (print, online, or mobile)
- Write and define content inappropriate business language for multiple channels
- Write and translate messaging requirements by focusing on the 5 Ws and H: who, what, when, where, why, and how
- Manage and consult on requirements and content for assignments by working with RRD team or client advisors
- Understand the process for gathering content requirements for correspondence, forms, and documents. Proactively and diplomatically educate business stakeholders and subject matter experts on this process
- Attend daily team standup and production meetings
- Learn and use software and business processes for creating and managing documents, including Salesforce.com and Adobe Acrobat Professional
- Competently shift priorities throughout the workday, as required and with help from RRD colleagues and onsite Editorial Manager
- Adhere to standards for MS-Word Readability Statistics, AP Style, and client in-house styles
Required: Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
Required: Three (3) years of business writing experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, along with the ability to listen for understanding
- Excellent people skills: interacting with, providing support, establishing a high-trust relationship in a cheerful, professional atmosphere
- Strong interviewing skills. Able to ask unscripted strategic and logical questions to elicit a full understanding of client needs
- Ability to analyze issues and make decisions for the greater good
- Ability to work independently and with a team to achieve business objectives
- Strong project management skills in a fast-paced environment with multiple, changing priorities
- Logical reasoning, critical thinking, and sound judgment skills
- Experience in Financial Services or Insurance industries useful, but not required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience with writing tools and other types of similar software
- Ability to quickly learn other software used for document creation, such as Adobe Acrobat Pro and Salesforce
- Technical editing skills and mastery of AP Style Guidelines
NOTE: As candidates move forward in the position, a skills test will be provided.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
For challenging and rewarding career opportunities with an innovative industry leader, consider RR Donnelley. RR Donnelley provides communications and consultative business services to a who’s who of US and international clients. A FORTUNE 500 company with locations around the world, RR Donnelley produces printed and digital communications. You probably touch our products almost every day. With a reputation for excellence built over 145 years plus a portfolio of patents and breakthrough new products, RR Donnelley is building for a strong future.
We are a business-to-business company offering opportunities in a variety of disciplines. RR Donnelley is strongly committed to setting ambitious goals, rewarding performance, and providing opportunities for personal and professional growth. We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
RR Donnelley is an EEO/AA Employer