Category Manager - Paper Services
The common denominator to our innovation: extraordinary people.
At RRD, our diverse group of talented marketing, creative, data, digital, print, research, technology & engineering professionals take on our clients challenges with bold thinking to achieve results that elicit high fives, not handshakes.
RRD helps brands optimize engagement with their customers, across all touchpoints online, offline and onsite. RRD activates marketing resources in the most impactful way, through a combination of predictive insights, inspired content and meaningful interactions.
Our Procurement Team is at the forefront of driving change for RRD. We embrace forward-thinking and we promote learning, cross-team collaboration and continuous improvement in a number of different ways.
Connect with us if you want to become an integral part of our Procurement Team and work for a company that can help grow your career.
The Paper Category Manager (CM) is responsible for leading RRDs strategic focus for paper and related materials. RRDs production platform uses all types of paper for printed communications (UFS, CFS, CGW, UGW, and other specialties). The CM needs to understand all aspects of these direct materials and will be relied upon to actively manage the category. This role will work closely with stakeholders to understand business priorities and implement strategies that will lower TCO.
- Responsibility for developing, communicating and implementing procurement category strategies for the Paper Services program.
- Partner with key stakeholders to understand strategic business needs and implement TCO strategies that will help our clients to be successful.
- Develop base of suppliers who can meet current and future needs.
- Use cost models and benchmarking analysis tools to evaluate supplier core competencies and competitive positioning.
- Develop and sustain strategic relationships with key suppliers.
- Negotiate and manage agreements with KPI, SLA, and Continuous Improvement efficiencies.
- College degree preferred, or demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements.
- 10+ years experience in the paper services or related field.
- Exemplary negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build internal and external strategic partnerships.
- Project management experience.
- High proficiency in computer skills, especially procurement systems and aptitude to learn additional systems
- Good analytical and computational skills for price evaluations, spend analysis, and data management.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
For challenging and rewarding career opportunities with an innovative industry leader, consider RR Donnelley. RR Donnelley provides communications and consultative business services to a who’s who of US and international clients. A FORTUNE 500 company with locations around the world, RR Donnelley produces printed and digital communications. You probably touch our products almost every day. With a reputation for excellence built over 145 years plus a portfolio of patents and breakthrough new products, RR Donnelley is building for a strong future.
We are a business-to-business company offering opportunities in a variety of disciplines. RR Donnelley is strongly committed to setting ambitious goals, rewarding performance, and providing opportunities for personal and professional growth. We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
RR Donnelley is an EEO/AA Employer