Art Director - CONTINGENT
Pre-Media Atlanta, GA
RRD has an immediate opening for an Art Director. This is a CONTINGENT assignment.
This Art Director will be part of a creative services in-house team and will assist in managing a small team of highly-skilled creative professionals while leading the design and creative direction efforts. The creative team develops a variety of print and internal / external marketing collateral for the retail industry. All creative efforts are coordinated with the client to maintain the integrity of the approved designs and themes. The Art Director must be passionate about design, consumer trends and a forward-thinking individual looking for new and innovate ways to deliver ideas to our client.
Work is typically performed under minimal daily supervision, receiving guidance from manager/supervisor about the work that needs to be completed. Able to exercise high level of discretion and latitude in completing tasks.
The Art Director will collaborate and work in tandem with the Sr. Art Directors and Associate Creative Director to execute 3000+ creative projects per year. The Art Director should have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while establishing relationships with key clientele across all levels of the organization.
- Lead creative development for projects, including digital, print, and experiential.
- Contribute original designs and concepts.
- Oversee and ensure Brand consistency and quality across marketing production work.
- Ensure timely and accurate project deliverables.
- Mentor and oversee a small team of graphic designers.
- Collaborate with creative groups across the department.
- Remain current with industry best practices and apply them to the development of creative.
- Art directs new and production-based projects.
- Follows projects throughout all stages of print production, in store and/or online deployment.
- Provides production support to produce technically correct, print ready mechanicals for release.
- Interacts regularly with client, creative partners and other team members as needed for completion of assigned projects.
- Interprets marketing ideas and turns them into visual reality at a world-class level.
- Partner with senior leaders to develop brand story, strategy and appropriate creative/design direction to execute client driven deliverables.
- Solves business challenges through smart creative design.
- Takes ownership, leads and manages initiatives and successfully executes through all stages of creative development on target, on time and on budget.
- Participates in the recruiting and hiring process and is responsible for on boarding and training new employees.
- Promotes collaboration, support and inclusion to create a positive work environment.
- Sharp attention to detail.
- Effectively communicates with leadership regarding situations that require decisions, actions and may include problems.
- Self-motivated individual with a positive attitude.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
- Bachelors degree in discipline related field and 8+ yrs. of experience
- Impressive portfolio of imaginative work showcasing a variety of experience
- Retail, agency or in-house corporate design experience preferred
- Well versed on Macintosh platform (OSX) and industry standard applications: Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, MS Office and Photoshop. Flash and HTML a plus but not required. Must be highly proficient in CS3 Design software and other applicable programs.
- Experience presenting/pitching concepts to internal clients and external customers and sourcing vendors.
- New ideas, great design sense, copywriting skills (a plus) and the ability to prepare projects for print are essential
- Understanding of print production, basic web development and good user interface concepts
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the proven ability to exemplify EQ/IQ in the workplace with both client and team.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, along with the ability to listen for understanding to execute the work according to the customers needs
- Expertise with relevant Adobe Creative Suite applications
- Ability to juggle multiple projects while meeting demanding deadlines, producing high quality work, and projecting a positive attitude
- Strong project management skills, organizational skills and time-management skills
For challenging and rewarding career opportunities with an innovative industry leader, consider RR Donnelley. RR Donnelley provides communications and consultative business services to a who’s who of US and international clients. A FORTUNE 500 company with locations around the world, RR Donnelley produces printed and digital communications. You probably touch our products almost every day. With a reputation for excellence built over 145 years plus a portfolio of patents and breakthrough new products, RR Donnelley is building for a strong future.
We are a business-to-business company offering opportunities in a variety of disciplines. RR Donnelley is strongly committed to setting ambitious goals, rewarding performance, and providing opportunities for personal and professional growth. We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
RR Donnelley is an EEO/AA Employer