Bindery Chanhassen, MN
Set up, adjust and operate the following equipment: MBO and Stahl folders, Polar cutters, stitchers and auxilliary bindery equipment to complete the bindery and finishing processes. May need to make adjustments on single or multiple machines. Monitor qualify output and productivity. Attention to safety and quality is a must. Candidate must have people skills to lead crews of 3-5 helpers.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
- General knowledge of bindery machines (i.e. fully automatic jogging machines, stackers, collators, binding machines, folding units, cutting units etc).
- Thorough knowledge of the set up, operating requirements, procedures, capabilities and limitations of one or more bindery machines to perform the full range of standard and specialized folding of printed materials to complete a combined finishing product.
- Ability to read and interpret written work orders or other job specifications containing bindery requirements which indicate the number and sequence of machine operations required to complete the work and to maintain dimensional accuracy in accordance with instructions provided; independently makes decisions on the type of equipment to be used.
- Knowledge of the quality and machining requirements of various coated and uncoated types of paper stock. Skill in setting up and adjusting machines for finishing operations and to refine such adjustments for the weight, color, machinability and quality of paper stock being used and to prevent machining impressions on the printed materials.
- Skill in setting up and adjusting machines for finishing operations and to refine such adjustments for the weight, color, machinability and quality of paper stock being used and to prevent machining impressions on the printed materials.
- Must be able to calculate distances, clearances, and fit in combining machines.
- Skill in using the full range of standard and specialized tools and devices to adjust and maintain the functional accuracy and operating conditions of the Stitcher.
- Skill in using the full range of standard and specialized tools and devices to adjust and maintain the functional accuracy and operating conditions of the bindery machines.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed.
- Must be able to flex schedule to meet the needs of production, including working a different shift if needed.
- Must be able to frequently lift up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
- SHIFT: 12 hour shifts Nights
For challenging and rewarding career opportunities with an innovative industry leader, consider RR Donnelley. RR Donnelley provides communications and consultative business services to a who’s who of US and international clients. A FORTUNE 500 company with locations around the world, RR Donnelley produces printed and digital communications. You probably touch our products almost every day. With a reputation for excellence built over 145 years plus a portfolio of patents and breakthrough new products, RR Donnelley is building for a strong future.
We are a business-to-business company offering opportunities in a variety of disciplines. RR Donnelley is strongly committed to setting ambitious goals, rewarding performance, and providing opportunities for personal and professional growth. We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
RR Donnelley is an EEO/AA Employer