Administrative Associate - Customer Service
Customer Service Iowa City, IA
In this position, the expectation is to maintain positive internal and external customer relations through active engagement for all stages of the manufacturing process from initial contact through final disposition of the customer`s product.
Work is typically performed under minimal daily supervision, receiving guidance from manager/supervisor about the work that needs to be completed. Ability to exercise high level of discretion and latitude in completing task.
- You will engage internal and external customers to gather job requirements and translate customer requirements into detailed manufacturing/kitting instructions and shipping/postal instructions for disposition of the customers products.
- You will be expected to provide quality review on your own and for other client care associates/professionals to ensure all information is accounted for and accurate before commencement of production.
- You are responsible for providing all necessary support to sales/customer, including but not limited to the following: receive calls, faxes, mail, and email; identify and resolve customer problems and issues in a timely manner; provide proof of delivery and order status upon request.
- You will ensure job instructions are verified and change notices processed (including pricing and quotes) in the various manufacturing systems.
- You will coordinate all corrections and/or changes that occur during work-in process through written and/or verbal instructions.
- You are expected to verify composition or perform copy prep, as needed for order processing purposes.
- You will be responsible for producing and analyzing reports on behalf of customer to manage their inventory.
- You will engage in the Corrective Action process which includes investigative root cause and actionable improvements.
- You will be expected to act as a communication link between external customer/sales and all internal departments.
- You will assist in providing process documentation, workflows and job aids specific to your customer base and position.
You will be expected to perform other related duties and participate in special projects as assigned.
Required Skills Job Knowledge & Skills
The duties and responsibilities described above are the essential functions of the job. The qualifications below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
HS diploma or equivalent with preferred 2-4 years of relevant administrative/operational support in manufacturing operations or office environment directly related to the duties of the job OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of work experience.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
- You must have the ability to follow company policy and understand any rules or regulations governing the work being completed.
- You must have the ability to understand the impact work has on your department or company.
- In order to complete duties successfully, you must have very good knowledge of technology to include computers and software programs such as MS Office or other programs that may be specific to the job.
- You must be able to manage daily contact with internal and external customers while completing daily work assignments,
- You must possess very good oral and written communication skills sufficient to explain departmental policy, methods and/or procedures when completing assignments.
- You must have very good organizational skills that are sufficient to accomplish work by established deadlines.
- You must have the ability to coordinate phases of work with others.
Weekends and holidays may be required.
For challenging and rewarding career opportunities with an innovative industry leader, consider RR Donnelley. RR Donnelley provides communications and consultative business services to a who’s who of US and international clients. A FORTUNE 500 company with locations around the world, RR Donnelley produces printed and digital communications. You probably touch our products almost every day. With a reputation for excellence built over 145 years plus a portfolio of patents and breakthrough new products, RR Donnelley is building for a strong future.
We are a business-to-business company offering opportunities in a variety of disciplines. RR Donnelley is strongly committed to setting ambitious goals, rewarding performance, and providing opportunities for personal and professional growth. We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
RR Donnelley is an EEO/AA Employer