Customer Service New York, NY
Serves as a direct liaison between the client, sales and division, ensuring timely and accurate production of the clients product for high profile accounts or accounts which require special expertise. Coordinates all phases of manufacturing and distribution of the clients product while ensuring adherence to the specifications supplied to RR Donnelley by the client. Provides guidance, mentoring, training and leadership to other members of the Client Services team.
- Receives direct mail campaigns from existing clients and executes all phases of production including communication and details necessary to successfully process orders through the appropriate production facility in a timely and efficient manner, without disruption, from inception through delivery.
- Responsible for creating all production-related materials or documents such as part / plate matrices, production specs, imaging & order processing instructions, quality guidelines, communicating daily status and production schedules.
- Conduct general proof reviews to ensure that all client and RMS standards are met.
- Coordinate delivery schedules with customers on in-coming components for use in the direct mail package. Coordinate delivery schedules with other RRD facilities to ensure that all components are available for timely production at the finishing RMS facility.
- Troubleshoot and traffic all production-related tasks. Identify production-related problems and solutions associated with client projects and participate in decision making with Client Services team. Expected to initiate solutions to complex or unusual issues, coordinating with sales as appropriate.
- Attend client pre-planning, debrief, creative strategy, and any other production- related meetings as needed. Travel to client site, production facility or other sites as required. Attend press checks on behalf of customer or sales, if necessary.
- Review all invoicing and dispute charges when discrepancies are discovered.
- May be responsible for inputting, updating and maintaining forecast system for assigned accounts.
- Manage and develop relationships with assigned accounts to further penetrate the business in a production capacity. Support sales initiatives by identifying additional opportunities within assigned accounts.
- Support sales staff with procurement of new business. Maintain knowledge and understanding of company product lines, capabilities, market conditions, price and competitive activity within assigned accounts.
- Responsible for mentoring and coaching Client Service Representatives to develop their skills and performance. This may include, but is not limited to, assigning projects, training, managing, and providing leadership.
- Facilitates the rollout of customer specifications for jobs and provides training that is specific to customer requirements for particular jobs to other employees as necessary.
- Determine and document departmental best practices, special projects and SOPs.
- Assist Sales and perform other duties as required or requested.
- College degree in printing technologies or business related field or equivalent.
- Direct Marketing experience a plus.
- Three or more years of experience in printing/binding or service related field.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills and strong written and oral communication skills.
- Established PC skills with Windows-based applications as well as previous experience with Microsoft Office.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
For challenging and rewarding career opportunities with an innovative industry leader, consider RR Donnelley. RR Donnelley provides communications and consultative business services to a who’s who of US and international clients. A FORTUNE 500 company with locations around the world, RR Donnelley produces printed and digital communications. You probably touch our products almost every day. With a reputation for excellence built over 145 years plus a portfolio of patents and breakthrough new products, RR Donnelley is building for a strong future.
We are a business-to-business company offering opportunities in a variety of disciplines. RR Donnelley is strongly committed to setting ambitious goals, rewarding performance, and providing opportunities for personal and professional growth. We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
RR Donnelley is an EEO/AA Employer