Administrative Professional / Customer Service
Customer Service Iowa City, IA
The Iowa City, IA Client Service center is expanding and looking to hire energetic professionals to support our client base. The CSC supports clients across the country with high regard to commitment and care. We work in a fast paced environment with high functioning teams and promote a good home and work life balance. We offer flex time policy and the ability to work remotely and independently with professionalism two days a week after successfully completing training and mentoring. Position Summary
In this position, the expectation is to maintain positive internal and external customer relations through active engagement for all stages of the manufacturing process from initial contact through final disposition of the customer`s product.
Responsibilities Work is typically performed without daily supervision, receiving minimal guidance from manager/supervisor about the work that needs to be completed. Able to exercise high level of discretion and latitude in completing task.
- You will be lead service professional on behalf of customers and sales. This may include leading conference calls, webinars, qbr reviews.
- You will be engaging internal and external customers to gather job requirements and translate customer requirements into detailed manufacturing/kitting instructions and shipping/postal instructions for disposition of the customers products. This position is expected to handle complex customer work.
- You may make suggestions to customers regarding workflow/process improvements to proposed jobs to maximize the benefits to both the customer and the company.
- You will be expected to provide quality review on your own and for other client care support/associates/professionals to ensure all information is accounted for and accurate before commencement of production.
- You are responsible for providing all necessary support to sales/customer, including but not limited to the following: receive calls, faxes, mail, and email; identify and resolve customer problems and issues in a timely manner; provide proof of delivery and order status upon request.
- You will ensure job instructions are verified and change notices processed (including pricing and quotes) in the various manufacturing systems.
- You will lead the Corrective Action process on behalf of sales/customer which includes investigative root cause and actionable improvements. You may make recommendations to management on appropriate response to issues that are in the best interest of the customer and the company.
- You will be responsible for producing and analyzing reports on behalf of customer to manage their inventory.
- You are expected to verify composition or perform copy prep, as needed for order processing purposes.
- You will be responsible for coordinating corrections and/or changes that occur during work-in process through written and/or verbal instructions.
- You will be expected to act as a communication link between external customer/sales and all internal departments.
- You will be expected to lead efforts to provide process documentation, workflows and job aids for internal and external purposes.
- You may be expected to train and mentor other Client Care positions.
Expectations include performing other related duties and participation in special projects as assigned.
Required Skills Job Knowledge & Skills
The duties and responsibilities described above are the essential functions of the job. The qualifications below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
HS diploma or equivalent with preferred 4-6 years of relevant administrative/operational/ project support in manufacturing operations or office environment directly related to the duties of the job, OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of work experience.
- You must possess the ability to establish your own priorities - be a self starter.
- You must have the ability to delegate tasks to other Client Care team members.
- You must have the ability to follow company policy and understand any rules or regulations governing the work being completed.
- You must have the ability to understand the impact work has on your department or company.
- In order to complete duties successfully, you must have very good knowledge of technology to include computers and software programs such as MS Office or other programs that may be specific to the job.
- You must be able to manage daily contact with internal and external customers while completing daily work assignments.
- You must possess very good oral and written communication skills sufficient to explain departmental policy, methods and/or procedures when completing assignments.
- You must have very good organizational skills that are sufficient to accomplish work by established deadlines; prioritize workloads and make adjustments to meet business needs.
- You will be expected to obtain RRD DSE certification within 2 years.
Weekends and holidays may be required.
Additional job knowledge, skills, and/or abilities specific to a department may be listed on the staffing requisition.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
For challenging and rewarding career opportunities with an innovative industry leader, consider RR Donnelley. RR Donnelley provides communications and consultative business services to a who’s who of US and international clients. A FORTUNE 500 company with locations around the world, RR Donnelley produces printed and digital communications. You probably touch our products almost every day. With a reputation for excellence built over 145 years plus a portfolio of patents and breakthrough new products, RR Donnelley is building for a strong future.
We are a business-to-business company offering opportunities in a variety of disciplines. RR Donnelley is strongly committed to setting ambitious goals, rewarding performance, and providing opportunities for personal and professional growth. We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
RR Donnelley is an EEO/AA Employer