Pre-Media Elgin, IL
This position is the liaison between clients, both print/publishers as well as Content and Creative Services (CCS) operations to create a seamless workflow that exceeds customer expectations.
- Well versed in prepress workflows, digital asset management, problem solving, designing and implementing workflow procedures and quality control.
- Maximizes equipment and personnel capabilities, applies new technologies, and/or productive capabilities.
- Develops and maintains an effective and involved work force through performance leadership, education, communications and policies which support inclusion and team effectiveness.
- Participates in the budgeting process and contributes to economic success.
- Develops manufacturing plans, monitors quality, strategize with the customer and delivers services which will attract and retain customers.
- Uses ethical business practices in dealing with customers, employees, vendors, suppliers and the community.
- Responsible for customer invoices and ensures that the invoices are produced and delivered to accounting promptly.
- Manages and implements change to ensure continuous improvement.
- Take calls as needed after hours.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor degree in area which is related to functional work or role with 5-7 years of relevant work experience OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience.
- Knowledge of Premedia (prepress, photo, creative, digital print, print, web, digital asset management, workflows) and integration tools.
- Complete understanding of the Big Picture which allows the individual to make good sound business decisions that benefit the CCS organization.
- Experience in utilizing Continuous Improvement tools to create and track metrics.
- Proven leadership abilities through high performance and participative management.
- Proven track record with strong and effective relationships with solution delivery, customer care, sales and customers.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal along with the ability to listen for understanding.
- Ability to work with ambiguity.
- Ability to anticipate needs on behalf of the customer not to only serve the customer but increase volume and profitability.
- Strong project management skills and good sound judgment skills.
- Ability to create and work with cross-functional and/or distributed virtual teams.
- Computer skills to include Microsoft Office, Adobe in a Mac environment.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
For challenging and rewarding career opportunities with an innovative industry leader, consider RR Donnelley. RR Donnelley provides communications and consultative business services to a who’s who of US and international clients. A FORTUNE 500 company with locations around the world, RR Donnelley produces printed and digital communications. You probably touch our products almost every day. With a reputation for excellence built over 145 years plus a portfolio of patents and breakthrough new products, RR Donnelley is building for a strong future.
We are a business-to-business company offering opportunities in a variety of disciplines. RR Donnelley is strongly committed to setting ambitious goals, rewarding performance, and providing opportunities for personal and professional growth. We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
RR Donnelley is an EEO/AA Employer