Manufacturing Lewisville, TX
3rd Shift Inserter Operator 2 10pm-6:30am (3 positions)
- Operate high speed machines that insert printed matter, such as letters or booklets into folders or envelops.
- Set up and adjust the machine to operate efficiently.
- Oversee and make adjustments as necessary.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
- Familiarity with routine operating procedures of equipment which can be set up and operated following a few step by step instructions and the skill to operate the equipment.
- Skill to perform minor clerical tasks incidental to the operation of the equipment (e.g., maintain machine operating and maintenance records, write new identification labels for computer tapes, etc.)
- Skill to perform routine maintenance such as cleaning and lubricating the equipment
- Ability to identify if improper machine operation and make basic adjustments
- In depth knowledge of the mechanics and capabilities of insert machine
- Mechanical aptitude
- Ability to understand written instructions, set-up the press, and carry out instructions
- Verify job ticket specifications, including any special work instructions before beginning the job
- Keep work area staged with product
- Perform quality control during each mailing to ensure product meets USPS requirements
- Check final inserts for proper folding, sealing, address placement, sequencing and delivery
- Communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to be flexible on hours during certain times of the year as well as work overtime, weekends and holiday
- Maintain a clean area
Must have a minimum of 2 years experience in one of the following or willing to learn:
- Pitney Bowes Intelligent inserting machine (APS, FPS, MPS a plus)
- Bell & Howell
- Include: Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, STD, LTD, 401 (k), Vacation, 7 Paid Holidays, 3 Personal Days, Shift Differential
For challenging and rewarding career opportunities with an innovative industry leader, consider RR Donnelley. RR Donnelley provides communications and consultative business services to a who’s who of US and international clients. A FORTUNE 500 company with locations around the world, RR Donnelley produces printed and digital communications. You probably touch our products almost every day. With a reputation for excellence built over 145 years plus a portfolio of patents and breakthrough new products, RR Donnelley is building for a strong future.
We are a business-to-business company offering opportunities in a variety of disciplines. RR Donnelley is strongly committed to setting ambitious goals, rewarding performance, and providing opportunities for personal and professional growth. We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
RR Donnelley is an EEO/AA Employer