Sales New York, NY
Performs diverse and advanced secretarial, clerical and administrative duties for Executive-level Management (BU Presidents, Group Presidents or direct reports to the President & CEO). Utilize thorough knowledge of the business and/or organization to provide administrative processes and projects in support of Executive-level Management. Assignments generally involve work of a confidential nature and require knowledge of the practices and procedures of the function, company products, policies and programs.
Work assignments are typically both a mix of routine and non-routine work that often requires deviation from accepted practice and procedures to complete given wide variety of circumstances encountered in the job. Work is reviewed primarily for end results and is performed under general guidelines or procedures which include administrative directives in the form of rules, policies, and established precedents pertinent to the assignment. Ability to establish own priorities.
- Assemble and analyze information, prepares reports, manuals, agendas, correspondence and memoranda.
- Produce graphics and PowerPoint slides used by Executive Management for presentations to BOD, Industry and business groups and for internal communication.
- Answer mail and inquiries on behalf of the Executive using own initiative, follow up with other departments to ensure that requests are carried out.
- Arrange and makes notifications of appointments and travel reservations/arrangements.
- Answer telephone calls, tactfully handles inquiries and/or transfers calls to appropriate party.
- Check and processes expense reports.
- May take dictation and transcribe notes for letters, memos or reports during meetings.
- Prepare materials in final form from very rough and involved drafts which may utilize frequent use of technical terminology and which combine materials from several sources.
- Operate general office equipment such as computer, typewriter, copier, calculator, fax, or other similar machines.
- Interfaces with other Assistants to share and/or coordinate workload.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
The duties and responsibilities described above are the essential functions of the job. The qualifications below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1) HS diploma or equivalent with 7-9 years of relevant administrative/operational support of C-Level executives in manufacturing operations or office environment directly related to the duties of the job, OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of work experience. May possess additional education certification in this level.
2) Requires excellent knowledge of functional area(s) related to the job or good knowledge related to a professional field of work. Able to consistently apply applicable policies, procedures, regulations, and program objectives when carrying out the duties of the job.
3) May provide oversight of work conducted by junior level staff and/or review/audit work for accuracy.
4) Must have advanced knowledge of technology to include computers and software programs such as MS Office or MAC word processing, spreadsheets or other programs specific to the job in order to complete job duties successfully.
5) Must have excellent oral and written communication skills to communicate effectively across departments when completing assignments.
6) Must have strong organizational skills with ability to manage deadlines and prioritize workload and make adjustment to meet business needs.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
For challenging and rewarding career opportunities with an innovative industry leader, consider RR Donnelley. RR Donnelley provides communications and consultative business services to a who’s who of US and international clients. A FORTUNE 500 company with locations around the world, RR Donnelley produces printed and digital communications. You probably touch our products almost every day. With a reputation for excellence built over 145 years plus a portfolio of patents and breakthrough new products, RR Donnelley is building for a strong future.
We are a business-to-business company offering opportunities in a variety of disciplines. RR Donnelley is strongly committed to setting ambitious goals, rewarding performance, and providing opportunities for personal and professional growth. We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
RR Donnelley is an EEO/AA Employer