Assembler - 3rd shift
Manufacturing Plover, WI
Our Plover, Wisconsin facility is part of our Supply Chain Solutions group where we specialize in kitting assembling packages for our commercial clients. Team members handle various tasks from inventory control to assembly ensuring that the correct items are placed into consumer packaging through to quality assurance and shipping. Our well lit production warehouse is clean, temperature controlled and most lines do not require hearing protection.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Manually assemble various types of products/kits as specified by the customer
Must be able to:
- Read and follow work order instructions
- Follow assembly processes and procedures precisely
- Achieve expected rate while assembling customer product accurately
- Fold boxes and package customer product efficiently
- Perform all functions of pack out accurately
- Count accurately, watch scales for variances, and scan properly
- Place labels precisely on product
- Watch for faulty, damaged, or nicked materials or packages to ensure the Quality Policy and Objectives are being met
- Notify lead when assembly/component inventory supplies are low
- Communicate with co-workers in a positive, business-like manner
- Comply with all facility safety and work rules; including, but not limited to security requirements, and following proper procedures for accident/incident reporting, emergency evacuation, etc.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
Duties which may be performed as need arises include:
- General housekeeping duties
- Participate in required trainings and audits
- Work in other areas as deemed necessary to meet business needs
Trained assemblers with leadership ability are eligible to be selected for promotion to Line Lead positions and will perform the duties as detailed above, and will in addition fulfill the role of Team Leader for their line, responsible for immediate supervision of team members, delegation of tasks and additional reporting duties.
- Able to stand for extended periods of time; shift duration 8 to 10 hours
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds on an occasional to frequent basis
- Able to work weekend and overtime hours as needed
- Accurate counting and basic math skills
- Manual dexterity for fine finger manipulations
- Attention to detail
For challenging and rewarding career opportunities with an innovative industry leader, consider RR Donnelley. RR Donnelley provides communications and consultative business services to a who’s who of US and international clients. A FORTUNE 500 company with locations around the world, RR Donnelley produces printed and digital communications. You probably touch our products almost every day. With a reputation for excellence built over 145 years plus a portfolio of patents and breakthrough new products, RR Donnelley is building for a strong future.
We are a business-to-business company offering opportunities in a variety of disciplines. RR Donnelley is strongly committed to setting ambitious goals, rewarding performance, and providing opportunities for personal and professional growth. We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
RR Donnelley is an EEO/AA Employer