Legal Word Processing Operator
Manufacturing New York, NY
- Creating, editing and formatting legal documents to firm specifications using a variety of software applications
- Converting, cleaning and formatting documents to/from different file formats Creating charts, graphs, tables and spreadsheets as requested
- Creating and/or editing Tables of Authorities and Tables of Contents Performing data entry utilizing various software applications
- Transcribing analog and digital dictation files Restoring and recovering corrupted document files as necessary
- Completing all assigned jobs in an accurate and timely manner Handling sensitive and/or confidential documents and information
- Following established policies and procedures at all times
- Performing additional duties as necessary or assigned
Monday thru Friday 4pm - 12am
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
Required Experience and Skills
- High school diploma or equivalent required; bachelors degree preferred with 3+ years experience in legal word processing or legal field
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office programs including Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Minimum typing speed of 60 wpm with 95% accuracy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills Ability to work through complex legal document markups and instructions in a timely and accurate manner
- Ability to prioritize various requests and deadlines simultaneously
- Ability to interact with client and team members in a professional and respectful manner at all times
- Flexibility to work overtime
Preferred Experience and Skills
- Experience creating Tables of Authorities and Tables of Contents, inserting automated cross references, converting PDFs to Word using a variety of software, applying Word styles using macros, troubleshooting problem documents, including redlines and documents containing multiple numbering schemes, style separators, cross references, and other automated fields.
For challenging and rewarding career opportunities with an innovative industry leader, consider RR Donnelley. RR Donnelley provides communications and consultative business services to a who’s who of US and international clients. A FORTUNE 500 company with locations around the world, RR Donnelley produces printed and digital communications. You probably touch our products almost every day. With a reputation for excellence built over 145 years plus a portfolio of patents and breakthrough new products, RR Donnelley is building for a strong future.
We are a business-to-business company offering opportunities in a variety of disciplines. RR Donnelley is strongly committed to setting ambitious goals, rewarding performance, and providing opportunities for personal and professional growth. We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
RR Donnelley is an EEO/AA Employer