Technical Specialist 2
Pre-press St Louis, MO
Provide subject matter expertise of maintenance and setup of equipment learned through extensive technical training/certification to assist in ensuring the manufacturing operations operate efficiently and effectively. Manage and coordinate special projects with line supervisors, Press Operations, Bindery, Maintenance or other departments such as implementing new equipment, training on new equipment or processes etc. Prepare reports for management as required. Provide technical assistance to functional manufacturing areas responding to breakdowns and/or overhauls or equipment. Assist with new equipment evaluations and installations. Develop training programs and job aids for new equipment. Monitor the production floor to assess technical needs of the departments. Provide technical training for apprentices. Perform administrative and record keeping responsibilities.
- Read and follow complex job processing instructions.
- Analyze client data for quality assurance.
- Convert and manipulate data in various formats including Access, Excel, comma-delimited, and fixed length.
- Process data files using third party and in-house applications.
- Use various software tools to sort and prepare data for printing
- Write scripts to perform various data operations.
- Create digital document layouts for printing with variable data.
- Print full size proofs on a variety of printers.
- Work closely with production and customer service teams to ensure time schedules.
- Must have experience working with databases.
- Experience working with a variety of file formats including Access, Excel, comma-delimited, and ASCII fixed length.
- 2+ years of relevant work experience preferred
- Proficiency working in a Microsoft Windows environment.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- The ability to juggle multiple projects in a fast paced dead-line driven
- Must possess the ability to work alone as well as in groups.
- Must work well under pressure to meet due dates.
- Experience with HTML is desired.
- Experience with variable data programming concepts is a plus
- Experience with Fusion Pro a strong plus
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
For challenging and rewarding career opportunities with an innovative industry leader, consider RR Donnelley. RR Donnelley provides communications and consultative business services to a who’s who of US and international clients. A FORTUNE 500 company with locations around the world, RR Donnelley produces printed and digital communications. You probably touch our products almost every day. With a reputation for excellence built over 145 years plus a portfolio of patents and breakthrough new products, RR Donnelley is building for a strong future.
We are a business-to-business company offering opportunities in a variety of disciplines. RR Donnelley is strongly committed to setting ambitious goals, rewarding performance, and providing opportunities for personal and professional growth. We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
RR Donnelley is an EEO/AA Employer