Quality Team Member (hours are 3PM to 11PM)
Manufacturing Green Bay, WI
Position proofreads product for correctness and monitors quality of product produced. Complete all job duties following the Formula for Success. Periodically check quality of all machines and send out samples. Audit quality of product by checking quality of the product as it comes off the press. Verify pre-production material and information for completeness and correctness.
- Inspect and verify the correctness and quality of the product that is being produced by checking the production using all of the order specifications from: copy folder, mock up, font sizes, templates, additional spec sheets, color OK, paper grade and weight, and glue applications (usage and thickness).
- Must perform scheduled audits at each press to verify quality.
- Perform periodic check of all machines. Compare quality of stops/starts to form under glass. All quality, print quality and form lag defects/deficiencies must be recorded on defect form and reported to production Team Leaders.
- Responsible for verifying the quality of customer samples keeping the customer viewpoint in mind. All samples are noted as to deficiencies shown to the Team Leader or team members for OK or rejection of samples.
- Responsible for verifying customer sample requests. Supply production with same requirements for each job.
- Responsible for checking the correctness and quality of imaged scan lines, both OCR and MICR with the use of hand-held scanner. Includes the knowledge and calibration of this equipment.
- Establish, maintain and update various logs to be able to identify trouble areas in the production and pre-production areas thru information gathered from proofs and machine checks. Keep files as necessary.
- Work with customers and sales reps in the plant, on the telephone, with faxes and remote press OKs.
- Obtain required materials needed for performing quality checks (ie., templates).
- Works with Sales and Pre-production areas to improve and provide correct and complete materials and information for Production.
- The ability to work in a team environment is required.
- Should possess above average skills in reading, spelling and math.
- Ability to read ruler.
- Experience in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of intelligent imaging desired.
For challenging and rewarding career opportunities with an innovative industry leader, consider RR Donnelley. RR Donnelley provides communications and consultative business services to a who’s who of US and international clients. A FORTUNE 500 company with locations around the world, RR Donnelley produces printed and digital communications. You probably touch our products almost every day. With a reputation for excellence built over 145 years plus a portfolio of patents and breakthrough new products, RR Donnelley is building for a strong future.
We are a business-to-business company offering opportunities in a variety of disciplines. RR Donnelley is strongly committed to setting ambitious goals, rewarding performance, and providing opportunities for personal and professional growth. We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
RR Donnelley is an EEO/AA Employer