Manufacturing Kent, WA
Responsible for the day-to-day operations and continuous improvement of the production facility (Prepress, Press, Commercial Bindery, Converting Bindery, Kitting, Shipping & Receiving areas). Work in team setting to ensure seamless integration and interaction between production departments and front office personnel. Exceed client expectations while achieving maximum productivity and efficiency. This position is a point of contact for employees to confirm questions for the entire production cycle and to resolve conflicts while mentoring all employees and subordinate managers throughout the company to instill sound judgment and positive attitude which is essential to the success and growth of the this company.
- Ensure customers expectations are being met with particular attention to on-time deliveries, quality and service.
- Work with scheduling department to set realistic schedules.
- Determine manning of full time employees and temp workers as necessary
- Ensure the companies policies and procedures are being followed
- Train employees on company policies
- Authorize overtime as necessary
- Ensure all employees are utilizing appropriate PPE and working safely
- Attend daily production meetings
Long term Responsibilities
- Maintain an open line of communication with the President and Controller
- Advise executives on special issues, problems, or general information
- Make recommendations for equipment purchase and workflow adjustments
- Complete necessary paperwork to make official requests of the Corporate office
- Attend regular management and executive meetings
- Hire, discipline, and evaluate all employees
Knowledge / Skills / Experience:
- Provide leadership to the production floor that promotes a positive work environment and delivers reliable, consistent and profitable results
- Track/measure employee productivity and performance in all areas of production using objective data on an ongoing basis
- Set performance level goals and update on an ongoing basis to create a culture of continual improvement with engaged and accountable employees
- Maintain appropriate staffing levels in all areas of production and adjust as necessary for drops and spikes in sales to ensure profitability
- Anticipate problems before they occur
- Self-motivated team player
- Above average mechanical aptitude
- Above average communication skills both verbal and written
- Above average organizational and time management skills
- Ability to problem solve and troubleshoot
- Ability to make decisions with above average judgement
- Ability to motivate and delegate tasks to subordinates and ensure follow through
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule and work overtime as necessary
- Above average computer skills, particular MS Office and Google
- Bachelors degree is preferred but not required
- Experience in the print and folding carton industry required
- Supervisory experience required
- Actively involved and engaged as a leader in all areas of the company
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
For challenging and rewarding career opportunities with an innovative industry leader, consider RR Donnelley. RR Donnelley provides communications and consultative business services to a who’s who of US and international clients. A FORTUNE 500 company with locations around the world, RR Donnelley produces printed and digital communications. You probably touch our products almost every day. With a reputation for excellence built over 145 years plus a portfolio of patents and breakthrough new products, RR Donnelley is building for a strong future.
We are a business-to-business company offering opportunities in a variety of disciplines. RR Donnelley is strongly committed to setting ambitious goals, rewarding performance, and providing opportunities for personal and professional growth. We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
RR Donnelley is an EEO/AA Employer