Manufacturing Logan, UT
The Inserter Assistant assists the Inserter Operator by participating in make-ready processes and by sorting mail pieces to prepare them for mailing. The Inserter Assistant should learn to operate the inserter equipment. They could operate the equipment during the peak production period.
1. Performs quality checks and monitors control numbers during the take-out process by inspecting the pieces, mailing addresses, and z records to verify that all numbers are accounted for and to ensure high quality of the mail pieces.
2. Sorts mail pieces at the inserters according to postal specifications to ensure that all mail meets USPS regulations prior to being mailed.
3. Assists the Inserter Operator by verifying the components, tracking damaged mail pieces, completing applicable paper work, and by unpacking materials to provide support to the Operator and to learn the job functions of the Inserter Operator position. Assists in hand inserting projects as needed.
4. Prepares for jobs by stocking the work area with needed materials, specifications, and tray/bag tags from the designated areas to ensure the work station is equipped for the correct mail sort.
5. Assists the Inserter Operator to prepare the inserter for run time.
6. Cleans work area to maintain safe and organized environment.
7. May include other duties as assigned.
RR Donnelley offers on the job training, a competitive starting wage and an aggressive pay progression plan for new employees. Shift differentials include $1.00/hr for swing, graveyard, weekend day shift and $1.50/hr for weekend night shifts.
RR Donnelley is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer.
1. Good communication skills both oral and written.
2. Basic math skills.
3. Good problem solving abilities.
For challenging and rewarding career opportunities with an innovative industry leader, consider RR Donnelley. RR Donnelley provides communications and consultative business services to a who’s who of US and international clients. A FORTUNE 500 company with locations around the world, RR Donnelley produces printed and digital communications. You probably touch our products almost every day. With a reputation for excellence built over 145 years plus a portfolio of patents and breakthrough new products, RR Donnelley is building for a strong future.
We are a business-to-business company offering opportunities in a variety of disciplines. RR Donnelley is strongly committed to setting ambitious goals, rewarding performance, and providing opportunities for personal and professional growth. We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
RR Donnelley is an EEO/AA Employer