Logistics Naperville, IL
We are a National Logistics Company seeking entry level full time dispatcher to work and train in Northwest Chicago area. This highly visible position has great growth potential for the right individual.
Acts as the interface between the client and vendor. Accountable to develop and maintain the most cost effective and efficient logistics platform to maximize profitability and customer savings. This includes service optimization, track and trace interfaces or issues and handling client and vendor interactions for on demand and routed freight. Sort packages and or parcels when needed. The right candidate will be willing to work flexible hours including some nights and weekends.
Hours: Monday - Friday; 11:30 am - 8:00 pm and rotating Saturday`s; 6:00 am - 3:00 pm (every 3rd Saturday)
Work assignments are typically routine and non-complex in nature and follow established policies and procedures. Receive some instruction in completing routine assignments and may receive more detailed instructions for new or more complex assignments. Routine work may be reviewed through spot checking or occasionally as an end product; new or more complex assignments are reviewed as each task is completed. Ability to determine how work is completed within parameters of following established processes and procedures.
- Accountable for dispatching and assigning vendors based on client demands and service requirements. Be able to quickly move to an alternate vendor when business conditions (availability, price, or quality) dictate change.
- Accountable for tracking and tracing all outbound and some inbound deliveries and working with team lead to resolve service issues and failures.
- Respond to daily inquires made by customer and/or vendor in relation to product movement, providing ETAs or managing a package search.
- Understand the planned customer requirements based on schedules for services and/or product flow through the plant/distribution center. Based on the understanding of planned needs, be able to project service requirements and determine how best to meet those needs.
- Combine work where customer requirements permit to enhance the profitability. Ability to review scheduled services and to make recommendations as to how cost could be reduced or timeliness improved.
- For freight moves, research alternatives with multiple vendors. Submit recommendations for low cost/best service vendors to lead for approval.
- Follows SOP`s and work instructions and supports continuous improvement results in conjunction with Lead and Supervisor.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
The duties and responsibilities described above are the essential functions of the job. The qualifications below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- HS diploma or equivalent with 1-2 years of relevant administrative/operational support in manufacturing operations or office environment directly related to the duties of the job, OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of work experience.
- Good geographical knowledge of the greater Chicago-land area. Knowledge of distribution route delivery is a plus.
- Must have general knowledge of technology to include computers and software programs such as MS Office, spreadsheets or other programs related to the dispatching process or administrative support.
- Must be familiar with applicable skills and procedures required to perform the duties listed in the job.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills sufficient to provide routine information, answer inquiries and/or refer calls.
- Requires good organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to solve problems related to duties of the job.
- Knowledge of same day logistics including carrier alternatives, pricing, and potential problems preferred.
- Ability to optimize scheduled work within a region.
- Ability to multi-task & thrive in a fast-paced environment
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
For challenging and rewarding career opportunities with an innovative industry leader, consider RR Donnelley. RR Donnelley provides communications and consultative business services to a who’s who of US and international clients. A FORTUNE 500 company with locations around the world, RR Donnelley produces printed and digital communications. You probably touch our products almost every day. With a reputation for excellence built over 145 years plus a portfolio of patents and breakthrough new products, RR Donnelley is building for a strong future.
We are a business-to-business company offering opportunities in a variety of disciplines. RR Donnelley is strongly committed to setting ambitious goals, rewarding performance, and providing opportunities for personal and professional growth. We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
RR Donnelley is an EEO/AA Employer