Maintenance Mechanic 2 - 2nd Shift
Maintenance, Building ID: 45628
Maintain organization`s production equipment. Perform electrical and/or mechanical troubleshooting and repairs in response to equipment errors or failures. Repairs and maintains, in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operation manuals, and manufacturer`s specifications, machinery and mechanical equipment, such as die cutters, web and sheet-fed presses, inserting machines, folders, conveyor systems, bindery equipment etc. using hand tools, power tools, and precision measuring and testing instruments. May repair or reproduce parts using welders or machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, drill presses, surface grinders or other machine shop equipment.
Skill in installing, troubleshooting, repairing, overhauling, aligning, testing, and maintaining complex equipment and machinery. Advanced knowledge of equipment and machine control bodes in sufficient depth to trace symptoms of equipment malfunction and distinguish mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic failures from those which are electrical or electronic. Ability to make precise adjustments for alignment, parallelism, and concentricity due to the continuing effects of malfunctions throughout the entire machine or equipment. Ability to perform precise measurements of air and fluid pressure and flow, and knowledge of the mechanisms used to convert such readings into measurable units. Ability to interpret complex multiview drawings, sketches, wiring diagrams, manufacturers` specifications, and other technical material to isolate malfunctions in such devices as hydraulic pumps and motors, mechanical clamping devices, and electric or hydraulic axis drive and positioning systems. Advanced knowledge of construction and assembly techniques and the ability to manufacture replacement parts with complex configurations or assemble unique devices with unusual angular relationships. Knowledge of geometry, shop mathematics, and handbook formulas to provide for surfaces with interrelated dimensions and to calculate angles, clearances, fits, pressure, flow, and other parameters of interest.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
- Good knowledge of installation and repair of more complex equipment and machinery (including their lubricating and control systems, and power drives).
- Ability to examine and troubleshoot to determine the extent of repairs required, materials or parts needed, and to estimate the time required to complete repairs.
- Ability to interpret and apply the requirements contained in technical manuals, shop directives, multiview blueprints, and other documents in determining critical dimensions and key reference points.
- Apply more senior level knowledge of machinery repair in the use and application of standard formulas, shop mathematics, trade theories, and industry practices in calculating needed materials and problem solving; and in the use of various test equipment and measuring devices such as alignment scopes, vemiers, micrometers, precision levels, transits, strobe tachometers, bearing bridge gauges, flowmeters, hydrostatic testers, and vibration analyzers.
- General knowledge of setting up and operating machine tools such as small lathes, milling machines, drill presses, and precision grinders to manufacture component parts or re-machine existing parts.
For challenging and rewarding career opportunities with an innovative industry leader, consider RR Donnelley. RR Donnelley provides communications and consultative business services to a who’s who of US and international clients. A FORTUNE 500 company with locations around the world, RR Donnelley produces printed and digital communications. You probably touch our products almost every day. With a reputation for excellence built over 145 years plus a portfolio of patents and breakthrough new products, RR Donnelley is building for a strong future.
We are a business-to-business company offering opportunities in a variety of disciplines. RR Donnelley is strongly committed to setting ambitious goals, rewarding performance, and providing opportunities for personal and professional growth. We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
RR Donnelley is an EEO/AA Employer