Shift Coordinator 2, Press
Pressroom Houston, TX
Oversee Press department shift with responsibility for production quality and timeliness, maximizing productivity, ensuring that all safety procedures are followed and controlling costs. Ensure that all required processes are being followed in the completion of work tasks. Provide instruction and guidance to employees and audit work processes and products to confirm production specifications are met. Review, prioritize and distribute work to meet deadlines. Give feedback and training to staff; address scheduling issues, including absences and tardiness; and give input to manager on staff performance. Provide technical support by assisting with signoffs to ensure basic quality assurance is followed. Oversee operations, maintenance and raw materials. Maintain and update daily production records and produce reports as necessary.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
- Technical expertise and proven ability to trouble-shoot and solve complex press and print-related problems.
- Ability to work effectively with clients when conducting press checks.
- Proven leadership skills, ability to work in a team environment, excellent problem-solving skills, reliability and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to read, and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and SOPs. Ability to make mathematical computations and ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office software and various print databases.
- Ability to work all shifts and overtime as required based upon production demands.
- With or without an accommodation must be able to lift and handle materials of 40+ lbs, while pushing, pulling, reaching, lifting and twisting.
5+ years direct experience in press operations with thorough knowledge of commercial sheetfed and web press equipment and processes.
2+ years proven experience in a leadership position.
For challenging and rewarding career opportunities with an innovative industry leader, consider RR Donnelley. RR Donnelley provides communications and consultative business services to a who’s who of US and international clients. A FORTUNE 500 company with locations around the world, RR Donnelley produces printed and digital communications. You probably touch our products almost every day. With a reputation for excellence built over 145 years plus a portfolio of patents and breakthrough new products, RR Donnelley is building for a strong future.
We are a business-to-business company offering opportunities in a variety of disciplines. RR Donnelley is strongly committed to setting ambitious goals, rewarding performance, and providing opportunities for personal and professional growth. We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
RR Donnelley is an EEO/AA Employer