Purchasing Plainfield, IN
Assists in providing an uninterrupted flow of materials, supplies and services required to operate the organization and exceed customer expectations on a consistent basis.All job responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with the companys Principles of Ethical Business Conduct.
Work is typically performed under minimal daily supervision, receiving guidance from manager/supervisor about the work that needs to be completed. Able to exercise high level of discretion and latitude in completing tasks.
- Determines appropriate suppliers based on economics, quality, and service levels. Selects and orders merchandise from supplier representatives based on selection or demand for specific material or service.
- Investigates alternate sources of supply.
- Generates and proofs Purchase Orders and obtains appropriate approval.
- Contacts carriers to arrange transportation of purchases.
- Ensures vendor performance and compliance with Purchase Order specifications.
- Facilitates return of merchandise to supplier due to quality issues, delivery terms, etc.
- Keep inventory investment at a minimum.
- Maintains accurate files of Purchase Orders and Suppliers.
- Maintains Item Master integrity in the applicable on-line computer records.
- Ensures that all aspects of the Quality Policy and Objectives are understood and enacted.
- Participates in regularly scheduled staff meetings.
- Participates in and satisfactorily completes all required training for the assigned position.
- Provides input and recommendations to the Materials Manager to improve upon company operations as required to meet and exceed the ongoing needs of customers.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management representatives within the scope of responsibility and requirements of the job.
The duties and responsibilities described above are the essential functions of the job. The qualifications below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. 1) Bachelor degree in discipline related to functional work or role with 3-5 years of relevant work experience OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience.
2) Able to demonstrates ability to solve somewhat more complex problems by analyzing variables and applying appropriate solutions learned through experience and proficiency in understanding the job. Must be able to recognize anomalies and critical situations and respond appropriately.
3) Must be able to communicate and interact with a variety of internal/external customers and/or co-workers at level of detail required to resolve issues of moderate complexity.
4) Able to apply strong functional computer knowledge in utilizing Microsoft Windows, MAC, or other technical tools in completing assignments. May require knowledge of or ability to quickly learn specialized software to complete work assignments.
5) Able to demonstrate continued expertise in the primary tools or applications used in completing daily work assignments.
6) Requires very good communication skills with ability to state messages in a clear manner by using language that is easy for others to understand.
7) Must be able to proactively listen to others to understand issues and situations. Must be able to clearly articulate business needs to both internal and external customers.
8) Knowledgeable of the critical factors affecting sourcing and supplier management.
9) General knowledge of tools/techniques of competitive and collaborative purchasing and price and cost analysis tools.
10) Skilled in negotiating and understanding of purchasing contract language. Intermediate skills in developing or applying effective and proactive supplier management techniques and tools.
11) The Successful candidate must be able to articulate knowledge of integrated manufacturing systems such as SAP, JD Edwards, Man-Man or other product.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
APICS CPM or NAPM CPIM is desired. Successful candidate should be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of the concepts covered in these two programs.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
For challenging and rewarding career opportunities with an innovative industry leader, consider RR Donnelley. RR Donnelley provides communications and consultative business services to a who’s who of US and international clients. A FORTUNE 500 company with locations around the world, RR Donnelley produces printed and digital communications. You probably touch our products almost every day. With a reputation for excellence built over 145 years plus a portfolio of patents and breakthrough new products, RR Donnelley is building for a strong future.
We are a business-to-business company offering opportunities in a variety of disciplines. RR Donnelley is strongly committed to setting ambitious goals, rewarding performance, and providing opportunities for personal and professional growth. We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
RR Donnelley is an EEO/AA Employer